Topic: A little help? I can't rememeber the name or artist of this old song

Can anyone help me.  back around 1967-70 there was an obscure, b-side recording.  it was a popular gtroup at the time.  the lyrics went something lile:  "let's walk on a lonely street, oh, hour eyes.  Away from the croweded beat(?), i'll take you there -- etc. etc.  i have been wracking my brain trying to remember this.  does anyone else know?
thanks

Re: A little help? I can't rememeber the name or artist of this old song

Do you remember the name of the group?  Or even:   male or female,  rock, soul, motown, r&b, country, folk..  Was it a lead singer
with backgrounds, or vocal group?  What was the instrumentation?  Can you remember other hits from this group? 
Do you remember if it came out in the summer/winter?  With all this memory jogging, you'll probably remember it yourself now...

i know it's a stupid question, but don't you think i went through all that before i asked?

Yeah, I did think you thought about it, and maybe could elaborate a little.  Might make it easier to jog someone's memory.
Anyway, there's a website of experts who can tell you what the song is even based on these few lines.  If they can't no one can...
I've used them before and it's pretty amazing all the stuff they know.  But, please excuse me, if you've already tried them..
     en.allexperts.com/q/Oldies-2943/song-lyrics-7.htm

Hello ViringiaK,

That looks like a great site to have access to but I was unable to find it. Can you please check the URL for it as I would like to add it to my favourites.

Mind you I might not be able to find it as I am just getting old and feeble lol

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi roger Guppy.  sorry, I didn't get it right the first time.  I'm not too good with this internet stuff.  In Google, just type:

Oldies - Music by Decade - Music/Performing Arts - AllExperts.com

That will take you to the website list, and it's clear from there.  They have experts for so many categories, songs, theory, training advice for many instruments, professional advice, you name it.  They've been around for about 8 years now and it's completely non-profit... 

One guy was a radio announcer for 20 years (I think) and he has an enormous knowledge and archive.  Anyway, check it out.
It's worth it.  You'll probably spend more time there than you planned....

.../gin

thanks virginia