Topic: Can any one give finger practice for beginners??

I've started electric guitar for 2 months and i want to practice a lot. But i dont know how can i practice... Please help...

2 (edited by johncross21 2007-05-28 00:22:56)

Re: Can any one give finger practice for beginners??

"finger practice" - whats that ?

You need to practice playing the guitar regularly

Half an hour to an hour a day is all you need

You might split your time between
  practicising a scale (start with a pentatonic in C)
  learning riffs/licks
  playing chords and songs

You should also at some stage buy a book on music theory (and read it)

its not easy but it if its not fun you should try something different

I agree with johncross21.

Playing scales will exercise all of your fingers, help your right and left hand technique and get you familar with your fingerboard. If you play a pentatonic scale then soon you will start adding and subtracting notes to come up with some really cool riffs of your own or that people like Hendrix and many others have done...start slow and be patient...you'll be amazed at how fast the speed will develop...hope this helps. jg

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Play with other people if at all possible, that was the best advice I have ever been given and I have never looked back.
Practice EVERY day even if its for 5 minutes, dont miss a day.

If its too loud yer too old.

...and if something isn't working, leave it out of your practice for a while and come back to it later. Just like any other muscle in your body, finger muscles get stiff and tired by doing the same thing over and over.

Scales.  All of em.  All over the fretboard, from all positions.

And practice a lot.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Scales, schmales... first off have you got open chords OK? Have you got barre chords and rhythmn playing? How about double stops?

OK now invest time in the Em pentatonic scales particularly the portion based around the fifth and seventh frets. If you can walk your fingers up and down you are getting there. Then look to learn licks like 'Got To Hurry', getting these fast and fun sounding is real hard.

Don't get fixated on scales, they're good but you don't need them all.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'