Topic: How do I figure out how to "phrase" a particular chord in ChordPro...e

...format if I do not know what the name of the chord is?
    In fact, it is a little more complicated than that. What is played and how it is played in the song I am working on entering in to this site really amounts to little more than a step down. For instance, i START ON c MAJOR, AND THEN i SIMPLY STEP DOWN THE BASS NOTe on half step while at the same time lifting up my middle finger, which was being used to play third string second fret, and placing that middle finger on second string second fret. So what results is a momentary count of on quarter note on this chord (020010.) Hopefully someone can make sense of that. Then a short time later, two counts later I am playing the Am chord and I use my pinky finger to play G on the E string while continuing to play the archepagio on each chord.
     Or if there is some other resource on might point me to so I can learn the proper way to document the song. This will be only my second song, of all my songs I am attempting to put on chordie, so I am still getting used to the "how to" and all that. I appreciate in attempt to help me figure the best way to document what I am playing. Tabs might be an option in the future, but for now I am really just wanting to get the chords and words online in a printable format. Thanks
Zen

Re: How do I figure out how to "phrase" a particular chord in ChordPro...e

Hey Zen - You might have better luck in the music theory forum than songwriting. I looked around and some songs call that chord a C/B (used in a Jewel song called Down so Long I found on ultimate-guitar), but I think a C/B is more like 022010. You just might find some purest who'll tell you it is not a chord at all, but I say if it works for you I say go with it. Anyway, that's all I could find but hopefully someone else will be able to help you.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Thanks Jets.
"You just might find some purest who'll tell you it is not a chord at all" That is so funny, yes I know the type. And "Word" isn't a word either. In the mean time I am just going to put in all the main chords of the song and also work a little harder to make sure I really exist.

You sure the low e string isn't supposed to be muted? also maybe the high e string?

Cmaj9 I think.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

On whether the E string is supposed to be muted, well, it's my song so I would have to say to myself, "I want to mute the string on this part" or more correctly I would ask the spirit muse what he/she wanted me to do since he/she delivered it to me so to speak.

I would call that g Sus/b.  but that could be a few things depending upon how it's used. Music is like speech....sometimes you need context clues.  smile

The am thing is just an am7 with the b7 on top.

If I was you I'd Nashville number the tune but have a legend that uses chord charts to show voicings.

Best thing I've found for naming chords for you -

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/chord_name.php

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis