Topic: Forgot

I wrote this late yesterday evening for some reason but it’s not coming to me now. It plays pretty good if you like folky. I will get it up on my soundcloud page so you all can hear soon, that is if I remember. smile

Forgot By Jeff Gilpin

8/15/2013

I [A]know there was something

That I needed to be [A7]doing

But for the [D]life of me

I can’t remember [A]what

[A]Something important

That much I re[A7]member

But [B7]not so much

That I don’t know [E7]but

I [A7]figure if I just sit here

And [D]think about it for a [D7]spell

I’ll [A7]remember what it [E7]was

I was supposed to be [D7]doing [A7]

So I’m here [D]ruminating

So I’m here [A]contemplating

So I’m here [B7]vegetating

But I’m getting [E]nothing [E7]

It’s [A]not about my wife

Or picking her [A7]something up

And not about [D]work

I leave my work thoughts [A]there

It’s [A]not about the kids

Or they’d have [A7]called by now

It’s not about my [B7]friends

Most of them haven’t got a [E7]care

But I just [A7]can’t for the life of me

Re[D]call just what it [D7]was

[A7]But it was real im[E7]portant

And now I just can’t re[D7]member [A7]

Oh I almost [D]had it

Oh there it [A]isn’t

Not there [B7]either

Well this ain’t [E]working [E7]

[A]So I’ve decided to stop

Trying to remem[A7]ber

Because it’s [D]not helping

And I don’t know what to [A]do

If [A]I try not thinking

About what I for[A7]got

It might [B7]just come to me

Clear out of the [E7]blue

What [A7]time is it any way

I [D]guess I should be heading [D7]home

Who [A7]knows they might [E7]know

At home what I can’t [D7]remember [A7]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Forgot

I was going to say something but I forgot--------------------------------------------Oh yea, I like it.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

He he he....yep, I get that a lot. Thanks.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Lookin forward to hearing it.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

5 (edited by dino48 2013-08-16 18:52:43)

I like it jets,reminds me of when I was working full time had three stepkids and was restoring my old car. I would go out too my garage a lot and sit in my car and think about nothing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks Dino...That's kind of what the song is about. Sometimes you can get so busy in life that you inadvertently forget something important you should have remembered, and digging out what you forgot can be a difficult and sometimes impossible chore.

J  E  T  S

hi jeff,

you wrote this about me didn't you?
eg;  i was working on something in my shed and i put a tool down to take a sip of tea, when i went to pick up the tool....i couldn't find it. two weeks later it came to light in the kitchen! i don't even remember going in the kitchen!!!!

my wife has a good one though. say she's upstairs, she'll come down to do or say something, by the time she gets to me she's forgotten what it was all about (she never forgets if it's something to nag about. funny that?) so she'll turn around and go back up stairs to see if it will jog her memory! it works sometimes.

yes, good song. full of meaning (specially to us older teenagers LOL) let me know when it's up and how to get to hear it.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

hi jeff,

yes, good song. full of meaning (specially to us older teenagers LOL) let me know when it's up and how to get to hear it.

phill

Hey Phill - It's up now on: https://soundcloud.com/jets60

Thanks,

J  E  T  S

oh i just remembered, i wanted to pee....too late!

great, i did have a laugh, i hope that was OK? the timbre in your voice reminded me of johnny cash. very good. thanks for sharing.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hey Phill - I sure wish I could hit the low notes that Johnny Cash could hit. He is one of my many music heroes. Thanks for the comparison and your comments.

J  E  T  S

hi jeff i get earache all the time,the mrs will tell me something,i go into the other room and i forget what it was she wanted,ha ha sometimes it works to your advantage,she ends up doin it herself,good thoughts....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool