Topic: You Tube Hero

{t:YouTube Hero}           
{st:Slow rock}               

Song removed from forum as per author's request.

Re: You Tube Hero

tommyboy2, I find this effort to be extremely disturbing and in questionable taste.  Not a song I would care to listen to or learn.  Not a song I would write.  Not a song I would share.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

3 (edited by Rooster3 2007-06-07 14:02:37)

Hey, man is this song supposed to show any relation to the Virginia Tech shootings...?

"Fly on Proud Bird, At Last You Are Free"
-Charlie Daniels

Having read the lyrics I do not think that this song should have been posted on Chordie. To say it is in poor taste is a vast understatement. I know that there are songs even worse than this about but this is not the place for them. I will not be getting out my guitar to attempt to play this.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Not  BADEYED. The End.

one caper after another

Just like there are some topics you never discuss at the dinner table (i.e. religion and politics) there are some topics that you shouldn't write songs about, like this. Dont get me wrong, everyone here is happy to see new songs being posted here, but try to keep them from touching such an angry and hateful level.

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

For me, it is not just the topic - any topic is fair game for a song.  However, this particular approach to this particular topic is what I find offensive.

It attempts to rationalize the irrational.  It attempts to humanize an inherently inhuman deed.  It trivializes and glamorizes a horrific tragedy.

tommyboy2, we all share our stuff hoping to gain some feedback - my feedback on this one is extremely negative.  I hope you continue to share new stuff on this forum, but I certainly hope no more like this . . . it's just plain sick.   James McCormick

I am rather surprised at the patronising tone of the responses I have received. My song contains no swear words, is not racist, sexist or demeaning to other religions but is a perspective into the mind of a bully victim. If you read the song you will see that the story is about two bullied kids. One decides to kill himself, the other decides to kill his peers. It also attempts to touch on the point of how quickly this guys YouTube video was accessed by millions.

I make no apology for any song I write. All my songs have a dark side to them. It is censorship andthat sucks. I have posted this song to other forums and had good and bad responses (about the song itself, not the content), although none called me 'sick'. As an Administrator I would have thought James would have had more impartialitiy.

Please remove my songs from the board. I will stick to the forums where I feel there is a bit more tolerance and understanding. It's strange to think that other songwriters, especially in the 21st Century are still willing to pass judgement on what can and cannot be listened to or written about.

Tommyboy2

Tommyboy2 if you choose to address a hot-button issue in a song, then you must expect that reactions will be intense.  For me to offer my negative reaction to your lyric is not censorship - it is merely a critique of the content of the song.

If nobody has commented on the content of this lyric in other forums, then I can only assume nobody has really read and processed the lyric's content.

The 'sick' was a reference specifically to your chosen approach to a complex topic.  It was not intended as an insult to you personally.  If you took that remark as a personal insult, then I must not have expressed myself clearly.

As I stated in a previous post, I have no problem with your chosen topic.  In fact, other Songwriting forum participants have offered works alluding to the same general subject.  My critique focuses on your selected approach or treatment of the topic.

As per your request, I shall remove your songs from the Songwriting forum.
James McCormick

Thank You

Tommyboy2,

If it were censorship the song would simply have been removed, all Moderators/Adminstrators have that authority. Foul languge and spam does gets removed and the abusers are normally banned from the site.

You were pleased to accept praise for an earlier offering so accept the criticism also. Chordie is a friendly place where people of all ages come and enjoy themselves and I think that is what you forgot. What is suitable for adults in an adult only environment is not suitable for innocent youngsters. If this were an adult only environment I can assure you that my previous posting would have been a lot stronger.

That being said I am sure that your presence and comments on the Forum will be of value to the contributors to Chordie. However I still stand by my comments about this song.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"