Topic: RIP Robin Williams

Died today apparent suicide they wont know for sure till after the autopsy terrible loss

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: RIP Robin Williams

Russell he will be missed alot,guess he was depressed. R.I.P.  Robin

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

3 (edited by unclejoesband 2014-08-12 00:40:32)

ABC broke into our local news to make the announcement.

RIP Robin

4 (edited by beamer 2014-08-12 01:16:26)

Another great one gone and in such a sad and lonely way.

Top 5 favorite movies.
Good Will Hunting
The Fisher King
Mrs Doubtfire
Patch Adams
Honorable mention:  Dead Poets Society and Good Morning Vietnam

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

A comic genius!! I remember watching him, Whoopi, and Billy Crystal doing Comic Relief back in the day. Sad day.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

A Sad day for sure.  Mr. Williams endured substance abuse, Bi-polar disorder with the associated bouts of depression, and more recently by-pass surgery.

Sorry to hear you're gone....... Nanu-Nanu.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I hate comedy films but strangely I always enjoyed Robin Williams films, Mrs Doubtfire was a classic.

Sadly, it appears that he lost his battle with his inner demons, a tragic loss indeed.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

8 (edited by Tenement Funster 2014-08-12 10:17:35)

I recall an interview with Barbara Walters years ago, who said that the only person she was ever afraid to interview was Robin Williams. She never knew what he was going to do, and trembled in fear just waiting for something unexpected. Guess I'd have to say my favorite film of his was "Bicentennial Man".

A terrible loss of such a great talent. One of the true comics of his generation. Every interview I ever saw with Robin, he would just run off in his own direction. Often leaving the interviewer to ask  "Who's doing the interview". RIP.

Joe

i am so saddened by this news, i was only watching "night at the museum" at the weekend. what a tallent that will be sadly missed.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I am keeping up with the news and they are now saying it was suicide and he hung himself,what a shame.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

What was their not to like about Robin ? Such a talent, such a waste.

Thick as two short planks

I enjoyed all Robin Williams films he was a great actor and comic genius.
I remembered laughing till I cried listening to his comic stand up routine.
So sad that such a talent was blighted with depression.
RIP Robin and thanks for the laughs.

Williams always made me laugh, but I always thought he was at his best in more dramatic roles.  "One Hour Photo" was absolutely brilliant, and he managed to be both entirely sympathetic and totally creepy at the same time.   I also liked "Insomnia" even though it wasn't as good as the Norwegian original, he was still really good in it.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]