Topic: Off to Bed (Little Cowpoke

I wrote this a little over a week ago after looking at pictures of my eldest grandson sleeping, but still hanging on to a favorite toy as if to say, "I'll go to sleep, but I'm still going to play and there's nothing you can do about it!" Posted on my soundcloud site if you care to have a listen at: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/off-to-bed-little-cowpoke-song

Off to Bed (Little Cowpoke’s Song) by Jeff Gilpin

11/27/2014 - for Brodie

[D]It’s off to bed you [G]little cow[D]poke

It’s [A]time you were [G]hitting the [D]hay

Put your [D]saddles away and [G]hang up your [D]rope

Yippy [A]ki yi [G]yippy ki [D]yay

But [F#]Brodies just a lagging

And [Bm]dragging his feet

Too [G]dog tired to move it a[A]long

So [D]I try and prod him and [G]herd him to [D]bed

[A]Singing a little [G]cowpoke [D]song [D7]

So [G]yippy ki yay

Move a[D]long sleepy cowpoke

[A]Yippy ki [G]yay move a[D]long

[G]Yippy ki yi yay

Move a[D]long sleepy cowpoke

[A]Singing a little [G]cowpoke [D]song

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Off to Bed (Little Cowpoke

Very nice jets,i`ll have a listen on soundcloud.

The King Of Audio Torture

Thanks Brian.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

4 (edited by Grah1 2014-12-07 16:35:41)

Love  the  line, So I try and prod him and herd him to bed well  done  Jeff suits  your  voice  too .
I'll have  to  try  it  on my  two

I liked the song jeff.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks Graham and Dino.

J  E  T  S

That's a sweet little song; definitely a keeper!

Thanks Artie.

J  E  T  S

I checked it out on soundcloud too Jeff.  Nice tune.  I liked the F#, Bm, G, A  chord progression before returning to the D.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Thanks Ken. I used those chords because I felt they helped the progression into the chorus, while still keeping the tune cowboy.

J  E  T  S

11 (edited by TIGLJK 2014-12-09 01:49:11)

Jets,

As much  as I loved the song, the picture next to it made the song !!!   I assume that's Brodie - what a wonderful picture to accompany the song. I'm a cowboy song lover -and with that picture and verse- it's a terrific piece of music, heartwarming in fact. Stirred a lot of memories of singing to my kids when they wer young.  I miss it terribly ( prob bc they never criticized my singing)    Well done Jets !! Thoroughly enjoyable  Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thank TIGLJK - Yep - that's Brodie and also the picture that inspired the song. He is a joy and a treasure.

J  E  T  S

Jets
I have put a friend of mine onto your soundcloud music
as i thought it may inspire him to have a go.
That story telling style of yours.
Well pleased to say it has worked, he`s really got into it.
Give him a listen `Peatle Jville` `Louise & mum` taken from your style
he`s covered a couple of my songs as well,there`s no holding him back now!
although he has the same problem as me from wife`can we have a day without your music`

The King Of Audio Torture

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check him out.

J  E  T  S

Hi Jeff
A very pretty little ditty just a sort song to sing to the Grand kids.
ark

Thanks Ark.

J  E  T  S