Topic: Some Days

This is the time of year I have to kick myself in the butt to keep going so I wrote this to remind me. I'll record it sometime...maybe this weekend if I get the time.

Some Days By Jeff Gilpin

Feb 4, 2015

[A]Some days are [E]just like all the [D]rest.

[A]Some days my [E]life seems like a [D]mess.

[Bm]Some days I [E]just can't get it [A]right no matter [D]how hard I try

But I still [A]try. [E] [D]

[A]Some days I [E]want to stay in [D]bed.

[A]Some days [E]waking up I [D]dread.

[Bm]Some days I [E]want to stay in[A]side but I still [D]go outside

And face world out[A]side. [E] [D]

[Bm]I’d rather have those [E]days

Where [Bm]everything falls in [E]place

Where no [A]matter what I [E]do I can’t go [D]wrong,

[B]But making it through the days like that

I could [B7]stand on my head with both eyes shut and

It’d still be a [E]breeze…ah but some [E7]days...

[A]Some days my [E]patience is at an [D]end.

[A]Some days I’m [E]never ready to be[D]gin.

[Bm]Some days the [E]clock just goes so [A]slow and the longer [D]the day goes

The clock goes [A]slower. [E] [D]

[Bm]I’d rather have those [E]days

Where [Bm]everything falls in [E]place

Where no [A]matter what I [E]do I can’t go [D]wrong,

[B]But making it through the days like that

I could [B7]stand on my head with both eyes shut.

It’d still be a [E]breeze…ah but some [E7]days...

[A]Some days are [E]just like all the [D]rest.

[A]Some days my [E]life seems like a [D]mess.

[Bm]Some days I [E]just can get it [A]right no matter how [D]hard I try

But I still [A]try. [E] [D]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

2 (edited by easybeat 2015-02-05 07:31:34)

Re: Some Days

Gidday Jets
i think this may be one of your best yet.
I might have a crack @ it.
B.

The King Of Audio Torture

Thanks Brian. Let me know how it plays for you.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Sums it up perfectly! thats about how it is for me this week, Some Days.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

smile Glad you can relate. Just remember that spring is coming and hopefully better days as well.

J  E  T  S

Jets great song there two thumbs up.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thank you Dino.

J  E  T  S

8 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-02-05 23:48:10)

JEFF   

I like it lot !   Perfect description of many of my days.
However the best line for me is " but I still try" . 

Thanks for the tune. I look forward to a listen.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

some days are diamonds and others ar not! LOLOL good song buddy.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thanks guys. smile

J  E  T  S

Great lyrics Jeff but I cant seem to get into the groove with the tune when I played it I will wait to listen to your recording before I try it again to see where I'm going wrong.

12 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-02-06 12:28:27)

NICE!

I may see what I can come up with but I'm really looking forward to your audio version.

Thanks Joe - I plan on recording it and putting it up on my soundcloud site tomorrow morning. Nothing fancy - just me & my guitar & tapping toe. smile

J  E  T  S

When you do, jets, would you post a link, please? Do I have to join soundcloud to listen to your song? I like the lyrics very much.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Hey Bill - I'll post the link here as soon as it's uploaded to my profile/page and no, you don't need to join soundcloud to hear it. I use soundcloud just because it is really easy to upload a songs so long as you can keep the file size down...and the whole "it's free" part doesn't hurt either.

J  E  T  S

Very nice job jets!! I really like this one a lot! Looking forward to hearing you play it for us!

Uploaded for those who want to hear it: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/some-days

J  E  T  S

Yep, Some Days. I like it jets.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Jeff the song is really good,you are sounding somewhat like John Prine!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I love this song because it's a change from what I'm used to hearing about unrequited love, Maw and Paw, Jail, Driving a truck, Gettin' drunk, Women telling a guy to go to hell, Politics...... well you know what I mean, right?

This one is more personal and that's why it gets to me.

I would suggest one more "I still try" at the very end. Just makes it more poignant in my opinion. Otherwise don't change a thing. it's an awesome tune.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Thanks guys. Got good feedback from my wife too...she says she can surely relate. smile

J  E  T  S