Topic: Martin Litigation

Saw this posted on another forum.

If it starts at the beginning, FF to 16:20

https://youtu.be/71BKfRvcnHY?t=16m23s

Re: Martin Litigation

Yup, it takes all kinds.  "I don't know anything about wood" drove the final nail to the case in my mind..... the "crack that goes all the way to the inside, is likely a slight variation in the grain color of the side.  Ebony has some slight variation in color as well and it's common practice to "apply stain" to give more consistent "blackness" to it, so a little rubbing off on a polishing cloth is not unexpected.

Martin verified the serial number and production date of the guitar..... so it is a Genuine Martin, not some $600 "Australian copy".

Get out of my Courtroom, and get a life!  Good for a laugh though.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

3 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-05-05 08:49:41)

She's a real winner, alright ... sheesh!

All woods - as we all know - have slight variations throughout, in color, texture, density, etc. If she didn't want those variations, she should have bought one made of plastic. The trouble with most of these "reality" shows, is that they reveal a side of people that's disturbing to acknowledge.

That looks like a beautiful guitar!

As TF said, "a real winner" maybe she just wanted her 15 minutes of tv fame.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

5 (edited by dino48 2015-05-06 00:38:14)

I would get a restaining order on that customer. Wow  I would like too see someone sell her a new or used car,Imagine that!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That woman has a screw loose.  I hope she is able to get her head right some day soon.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Poppycock

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

As Copy Guitars GO some may have real Serial #'s and identical looks and Logo's. So in this case, the only way to actually tell if she had a real Martin is to get it to the Martin Factory and have it verified as a true Martin. Or at least have a credible witness verify it's not a copy. That was not asked , the only evidence is the paper work both sides had. I'm not siding with the buyer ,she sunk her own ship. If she would have had the guitar verified as a real or fake before her court appearance she could have saved herself some embarrassment. There are lot's of good copies out there the average person cannot detect. Beware.

Joe

What sunk her is an inability to communicate.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude