Topic: Going under the knife, again

I am scheduled for surgury on June 30th, my 19th surgury to date, to have 2 very large hernia's on my stomach corrected. These hernia's are directly under the "scar" from my cancer surgury. I have been limited in my activities for a while, now, and an looking forward getting them fixed. Even though I've had to retire due to medical issues I was still very active up until the hernia's developed. For about a year, now, I've been under several restriction of things I cannot do. One of them is to not pick up anything over 15 to 20 pounds. My wife get's pissed at me when we go out to play music and I tote my guitar and case into the building.   Anyway, my medical team at M D Anderson, I was just there on June 2nd and 3rd, said that since I was doing so well on my cancer meds there would be no issues with ne coming off the meds for 4 to 6 week so I could have the surgury. As for the cancer, my recent tests at M D Anderson, showed that everything was clear except for some cancer cells in my lymph nodes, and, from my last several check=ups are continuing to shrink. Now, maybe, I can go phishing again in my new boat.

Nela

Re: Going under the knife, again

Good luck on the surgery, you sure have had quite a few. Hope you heal quickly and get out in that new boat.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Nela I hope you will get better soon hernias are easy and I am glad too see a good report about the cancer.  Got to get that new boat out!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

NELA,

My friend, I hate that you're having to go through this again, but it's a given that I, as well as your other Chordie buds wish you all the best and that you have a quick as possible recovery time.

Do you and/or your wife have a tablet? Once you are out and recovering (while still in the hospital and of course later at home) when and if you feel like it, maybe you could send us some updates? I know we're not relatives, but I (and I bet our other buds too) consider you part of this family and would want to know asap that you are okay.

Happy to see also that you've retained that sense of humor, you PHISHERMAN, you! smile

All the best from Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

NELA - thank you for updating us on your current condition.  Going off the meds might just feel like a bit of a relief.  I hope you don't have any major issues going back on them.  In the lymph nodes sucks.  We'll be thinking lots of good thoughts for you and your wife that surgery goes quick and easy - and that dropping the meds for a bit is nothing more than a temporary relief and going back on ends up being easy peasy too.  Until then, give shewhomustbeobeyed a bit of slack.  She MUST love ya to stick around.  Let her carry the guitar!  big_smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Best of luck to you NELA! Hang in there my friend

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hope all goes well, NELA. There's some football-shaped bass that are just itching to meet you!

8 (edited by Cocktailsfor2 2015-06-13 02:09:01)

Can a newb to the site send good juju your way?

While I may be a stranger to chordie dot com, I'm no stranger to surgery  (I'll be having my 3rd spinal operation in August), and though yours seems to be fairly routine as far as these things go, it's always a comfort (to me, anyway) to know there are good thoughts makin' their way around the universe...

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Hoping for the best for you Nela.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

If I had the power to make you well and strong I would.  God bless you, NELA.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Wishing you all the best that the surgery goes well & you recover as soon as possible...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Cocktailsfor2 wrote:

Can a newb to the site send good juju your way?

While I may be a stranger to chordie dot com, I'm no stranger to surgery  (I'll be having my 3rd spinal operation in August), and though yours seems to be fairly routine as far as these things go, it's always a comfort (to me, anyway) to know there are good thoughts makin' their way around the universe...

Welcome too the site newb and yes you can join in on any subject.I looked at your website and guess you like baseball a lot .  We have a good Football post here when the season comes around so not too much longer pre season is getting closer.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nela buddy, get 'er fixed, get in shape and keep on strummin' (phishin' too)!!

There's too many fun things in life to have to lay around being in pain.  Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Wishing you all the best Nela, sure do enjoy your Post and humor, God Speed Bud

Nothing much I can add to this NELA. Except to wish you a full and speedy recovery. Them phisis are waiting for you.

Thick as two short planks

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery.

We cannot do with having one of the Moderating team unwell so extra pickles will be sent to get you on your feet again quickly. lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"