1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-20 03:17:36)

Topic: Okay, Dagnabbit, Here It Is.......

"M for Maggie" is a tune I wrote (with apologies to Tompall Glaser who was the original artist) in anger at a then-girlfriend (inbetween marriages to Dondra).

I wrote it and then went into a studio and recorded it. My friend and I played with it and played and tweaked it and it still sounded like a smelly fish (let's say a carp).

Then I had this (then) great idea of making it sound live, even though it wasn't.

I have been so ashamed of it I haven't wanted y'all to see it, but now I am second-guessing myself again: have I shown it to you already? This is one of the most frustrating things about my dementia; "Did I dream that, or did I really do it?" or "OMG! Did I just pull out in front of that car???"

Be that as it may, this is a 2 week effort with me on drums and rhythm guitar. I know I slipped some notes, sorry about that. My first time recording and the guy wasn't exactly patient with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1L0ULQf1ao

Tompall must've not felt too threatened, because he never got in touch.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Okay, Dagnabbit, Here It Is.......

.......And the crowd went wild......

I don't remember you posting that before Bill.

Hey, that's a real toe tapper.I liked it.
I could just see people dancing their socks off to that one.

Thanks for putting it up here Bill.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

Bill,

Nice job !!

Enjoyed the photo show as well!!

M is for Musicatingly Magnificent    !

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Really enjoyed that Bill, is their no end to your talent? You need to have Superstar added to your title.
Ps, nearly died laughing at the photo 'can U hear me now.

Thick as two short planks

The crowd roaring was a little distracting having never hearing it before - but it DID add to that LIVE feel you were looking for obviously!  smile  Nice job!  I liked it!  I think that's actually the first recording of you that I've ever listened to.  Do you have more floating around the web?  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

bill that was extraordinary musicating. give us some more

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Thanks, everyone. For Amy: There is a version without the crowd, but it will make you grit your teeth to listen to it, it's so full of errors. It makes me run around the room chasing my tail and out the house baying at the moon it's so bad.

Take my word for it, y'all. You want the crowd noise. big_smile big_smile big_smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com