1 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-12-31 15:36:35)

Topic: my child

While my three daughters are grown, they will always be my babies.  I am going to be a grandfather in January for the first time. It inspired me to write this tonight - hope you like it.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: my child

Beautiful. Jim! You wrote them an heirloom!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Gidday Jim
i think this is probably your best song.
I`m not a fan of everything rhyming but on this one it works.
good on ya.

The King Of Audio Torture

Being a granddad is so great mine have given me so much pleasure over the years.
Your going to love it!
Nice song tig
ark

Fantastic once again Jim, look forward to hearing you perform it smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Excellent work, TIG ... this should be the mission statement for every parent and grandparent.

here is the link to my early this morning recording.

Thanks for the kudos from all.
with apologies for my singing and playing abilities.......
but as most of you know ,  the message is what I always go for.   
Thanks for listening.
https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/my-child

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Guest commentator on your song on the Cloud today, Jim. wink

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill

Thank you,

that is special coming from someone we all hold in such high esteem.
It means a lot to me that you and the " guest" took the time to listen and give me such kind words.
She is the best and kindest  guest commentator I have ever had the pleasure of hearing from smile
If it brought her a smile, it is even more special to me.
Thanks again and all best wishes to you .

Jim

hi jim, i don't have time to listen at present but i promise i will ASAP. i love the fact that you've made such a fab observation and written it all down so eloquently, i have 11 grandkids and 2 great granddaughters. it's difficult trying to be the same to all of them and explaining that the youngest always gets the most attention. i just helped the 11 year old with her photo homework having to look through hundreds of photos while she chose the ones she wanted. it's all part of the job.

but, congrats on being an expectant granddad and looking forward to welcoming you to the club and seeing the new born pics.

great song.

your friend

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

What a lovely gift for a child. Very special.

12 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-23 10:49:47)

"Love, Words and Time", says Dondra are the most precious of gifts. Someone wink(^^^^^^);) should write a song about that and sing and play it on her ukulele.

"Can you think of anyone, Ms. Mazzy?", asks Bill as he walks away, whistling "If I Could Save Time In A Bottle"........ wink

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

13 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-23 10:54:38)

"Love, Words and Time", says Dondra,  "are the most precious of gifts".

"Someone wink(^^^^^^);) should write a song about that and sing and play it on her ukulele."

"Can you think of anyone, Ms. Mazzy?", asks Bill as he walks away, whistling "If I Could Save Time In A Bottle"........ wink

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I added a third verse ( see change above through my edit)  - it seemed that it wasn't complete without it.

Hope you like it.

Jim

hi jim, must agree, that last verse completes a very beautiful, sentimental and truthful song.

holding that beautiful new life in your hands for the first time will be one of the greatest moments in your life. make time for the child and be prepared to accept all the accusations that you are spoiling the child, of course you will enjoy doing just that, like i have and still am.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Great message in those words. It reminds me of that saying Through the eyes of a child you will see the world as it ought to be.