1 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-04-24 11:51:49)

Topic: Girlfriends

[song]
{T:Girlfriends}

[Em]Oh I’ve got  a little girlfriend in control of my brain
You might know her , her name’s Cocaine
[Am] She makes me feel like a shining knight
[Em] with me every moment,  day and night
[C9]  blinded by the power  [B7]that she brings, oh
[Em]for her pleasure, I’d do [B7]any[Em]thing
[Em]  [Am] [Em] [B7] [Am] [Em]

[Em]I’ve got another  girlfriend she’s a deadly sin
Schools and Prisons call her Heroin
[Am]She’s always around, easy to find
[Em] Always willing to  blow your mind
[Em]  for her pleasure, I’d do [B7]any[Em]thing

Chorus

[Am] I can’t help myself, I’m outta control
[Em] falling deeper into the black hole
[C9]she’ll make you believe that  you’ll [B7]never die
[Em]make you keep on looking for that[B7] higher[Em] high

[Em]This is my last girlfriend , she’s a living death
goes by the name of Krystal Meth
[Am]soothes your  heart  like a summer breeze
[Em]then she'll crush your soul like a cruel disease
[Em] , for her pleasure, I’d do [B7]any[Em]thing

Chorus

[Am] I can’t help myself, I’m outta control
[Em] falling deeper into the black hole
[C9]she’ll make you believe that  you’ll [B7]never die

(slower)

[B7]she’ll make you believe that  you’ll never die

[Song/]

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Girlfriends

Didnt expect that when I saw the title.Great content

Came as a bit of a shock. You got a great songwriting talent.

Thick as two short planks

Jim those words hit the mark. My wife  and I have worked with drug addicts in the past at the Bridge programme those lyrics bring  out what addiction is. Societys around the world are been destroyed by drug addiction a  modern epidemic.
One of my songs on soundcloud Louis And Mum is about two drug addicts I knew when I lived in Sydney..

Jim .......... wow your blowing me away with your songs .......... they keep flowing like water from a tap!  Love this latest one, what a message!  and a great message at that!  Looking forward to hearing this one performed.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Would love to hear what Phill can do with this

Thick as two short planks

This is spot-on, and hits very close to home ... we have a couple of close relatives with substance abuse problems, and it ain't one bit pretty. Reminds me of Neil Young's "Needle and the Damage Done".  (But every junkie's like a setting son)

Excellent words

The King Of Audio Torture

Thank for your kind words.  Such a terrible plight for so many families.

Here is a link to a quick recording of it so you can see how I hear it in my head -   (sorry I suck at singing and playing- but i think the message is powerful)
https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/girlfriends

Thanks for listening
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I'd like to give this one a go Jim, it would fit into my acoustic set really well

Awesome.  Can't wait to hear it!!

Acoustic  rendition  hope  you  like  it ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqFMtsRjPjQ

hi jim. wow another hard hitting social song. you've put the whole thing together and into an entertaining piece of music.

grah's take on it is also great so well done to you both. love the bluesy feel, grah.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Wow - I love it Graham. 
I like that bluesy feel as well

Thanks so much !

As per - usual    I'll likely make  a video

thanks Jim /Phill   glad you  like  it .

Here's a video I made of your cover Graham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5RtWmD … e=youtu.be

Thanks again for singing and playing my song.

Brilliant vid Jim would you like to put some vid to one of my songs I'd be honoured if you would .

Sure.

Our  bass player  has  just  added  a  bass and  drum track  to  this  ,Ive  sent  it  to  our  "new" drummer    for  his  opinion  and  I  think  it  might  be  in Saturdays  set .

make sure you record it   That's awesome

Jim your video is pure genius. Graham preformance with the visuals brings it home perfectly. Look forward to hearing Grahams band playing Girlfriend.

Ditto to what Peatle said........ just awesome Tig  and Grah1 ....... well done to you both.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

OK I have been asked to "Metalize" this one,, Im going for it, but the 7th's will be a thing of the past, minors and root 5ths here we come!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Go for it Scott

Sorry to have missed this one, you two. I left a comment on YouTube, but I wanted to say that as a lyricist, Jim is one of the best here and Gray One I love your take on this as a growly sad blues tune. I give a lot of credit to Grah1 for always being willing to step up and help what's been written get that extra boost with style! smile

Grats, you two!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com