Topic: Gaming Chair

I posted awhile back about plugging a guitar into a gaming chair like X Rocker or whatever.   I think it would be pretty comfy.    So could you plug into a DI box and then connect the box to the chair?   Not sure if that would work?   Thanks.

2 (edited by Doug_Smith 2016-05-31 03:22:35)

Re: Gaming Chair

As long as the chair has it's own amp it should work.  You might have to insert a pre-amp in the line in order to hear it though.... output from just the pickups are well below the line level or speaker out that the chair would be happy with.

ETA:  If you let the "smoke" out of something that would be terrible, so I'm not taking the blame for this one!  If in doubt do your "homework" and check/double-check specifications and tolerances of everything, call the maker and ask questions etc..

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

3 (edited by beamer 2016-07-16 17:28:57)

Did you do this?,,  If you don't overload the speakers it would be good, they are built to get loud with games.  You would need a inline amp like a pocket rocket or one of the vox  headphone amps, would be some laid back rocking.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I haven't done it yet...would a DI box work?   I'm not too technically inclined.

I was thinking something more along this line:    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi … t%20preamp

I have one and it works well for most things that need a little "push"..... also provides phantom power for microphones and active pickups, and has an internal (albeit switched) output limiter which protects things like PC Sound Cards from getting "fried".  You could DI into it as it is a single in/out, but most DI boxes themselves do not amplify only merge the signals.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

6 (edited by Alex1445 2017-04-06 10:59:15)

I am not sure it will work

Music is life

Though i have no experience of it but idea is not bad!

Try this, use a distortion or boost  or compression/sustainer pedal. most stomps have out level knobs.  use it in the middle, run the 1/4 To 1/8 jack to your chair.set chair vol at 1/2, and the stomp at 0. turn all on, and gradually increase the out level of your stomp till if sounds nice, and then use chair volume for the rest.

That should work.

Try at your own risk smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)