Topic: football (soccer)

just had to announce that WALES beat belgium 3-1 and are through to the next round. i'm not crowing but Belgium were the hot favourites to win.....COME ON WALES!

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: football (soccer)

Go ahead and crow all you want !!  We have high hopes for our Welsh bretheren over here too.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks Doug, it makes me feel all warm inside to know we have support way over yonder....still glowing

4 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-07-02 12:58:25)

Phill,
You know I'm on board !
I want Wales and Iceland to play in final for Championship!
I watch most every game, looking forward to the next match!!!

The goal by Robson-kanu  reminded me of the Great Johan Cruyff !!
Amazing!!!

They will have their hands full against Portugal Wednesday - but hey - anything is possible - impossible is nothing.

They didn't get this far to just come this far !! smile
Jim

p.s. any team that has players named Joe Walsh  and Jazz  has a destiny, for sure! smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Go Wales! I agree with TIG that a Wales ~ Iceland final would be terrific.

Two great teams Iceland and Wales. Both teams victories so far have got me interestested in the football.  Usually I follow Rugby. Here in NZ people like me love meeting up with the Welsh suporters when they come over here.  Wellington has a Welsh Pub known as The Welsh Dragon where many of our local Welsh will stop in for a drink.

Congratulation to Wales. Brilliant result and history made. (From a guy that would sooner watch paint dry than football) big_smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I'm not a fooball fan as such but like to see my country do well. After England rubbish performance against Iceland I was so glad to see Wales win against Belgium. They deserve to go all the way.
Their attitude to the matches they play is inspiring and the results are what they deserve.
Looking forward to the Potugal match.

I was delighted to see that Manchester United have signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He and Mourinho are two of the biggest egos in football ... they deserve each other, and will likely flourish together.

Alas, Germany, Germany,Germany!

So technically-tactically , sound and tenacious. 
Italy played great, but could not bring them down.  Mueller is so darn good, the goalie is the best in the world. I do not believe any of the teams came defeat them - they can only lose if they malfunction.  It is great futbol to watch - they are surgical in attacking and suffocating on defense. They have not been scored on except by penalty kick !
I hope another team wins it because I love the challenges of underdogs, but it seems unlikely.

Go Iceland and Wales!!!!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

WOW, big support for the Taffys...GO WALES!

to be absolutely honest though i'm more rugby than soccer and i'm not big on that, just the internationals. all my kids are good footballers (even the girls)

i've banned football from my TV especially when manchester united and liverpool are playing, 2 against 2 and i'm stuck in the middle! reminds of these words by the late great Gerry Rafferty; "clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. here i am, stuck in the middle with you"