Re: Football2016-2017 season

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

The Seahawks got away with one.  Atlanta's offense was basically shut down through the first half, then in the 3rd quarter, a whole bunch of blown coverage assignments led to 3 TDs and 280 yards of passing.   In one quarter!   Richard Sherman got away with a PI on a last gasp 4th and 10 to end it.

I am glad too see they won another,at least someone team hear got a win. Kapernick looked bad playing and the afro looks like a Hallowean hairpiece. I hope we can get Gabbert back too playing qb.

You don't want Gabbert back.  That guy was flat terrible.  He was terrible with Jacksonville, and the trip west doesn't seem to have improved any.

You'd be better of if I was the 9ers QB.  big_smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

77 (edited by dino48 2016-10-18 00:13:08)

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

The Seahawks got away with one.  Atlanta's offense was basically shut down through the first half, then in the 3rd quarter, a whole bunch of blown coverage assignments led to 3 TDs and 280 yards of passing.   In one quarter!   Richard Sherman got away with a PI on a last gasp 4th and 10 to end it.

I am glad too see they won another,at least someone team hear got a win. Kapernick looked bad playing and the afro looks like a Hallowean hairpiece. I hope we can get Gabbert back too playing qb.

You don't want Gabbert back.  That guy was flat terrible.  He was terrible with Jacksonville, and the trip west doesn't seem to have improved any.

I just want too get rid of kapernack. You Avaliable or Brett Farve,or Tim Tebow? I see Las Vagas is going too build a stadium and get the Raiders there.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:

I just want too get rid of kapernack. You Avaliable or Brett Farve,or Tim Tebow? I see Las Vagas is going too build a stadium and get the Raiders there.

Farve is 100 years old, but I'd still play him over Tebow or Gabbert.

Tebow is busy flailing about in the minor leagues, trying to play baseball and discovering that even AA pitching is pretty dang good.  That dude should have simply switched to strong safety or linebacker, and he'd probably be in the NFL right now.

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Farve is 100 years old, but I'd still play him over Tebow or Gabbert.

Tebow is busy flailing about in the minor leagues, trying to play baseball and discovering that even AA pitching is pretty dang good.  That dude should have simply switched to strong safety or linebacker, and he'd probably be in the NFL right now.

Tebow is playing baseball now,I did not know that, he will likely do well. I don'tfollow him much. Hemost likely would be good at other  spots in football.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

My Purple and Gold is killing it!  SKOL!!!  Our defense is awesome, need to tighten up the offense a little bit but... Packers might as well Pack up with the way Rogers is playing... SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!

Dustin Allen Severson
www.facebook.com/dustin.a.severson

upsidedown_n_backwards wrote:

My Purple and Gold is killing it!  SKOL!!!  Our defense is awesome, need to tighten up the offense a little bit but... Packers might as well Pack up with the way Rogers is playing... SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!

I am glad too see we have another football fan here. The Vickings do look very good still early though. My 49ers look like a bad high school team so far.

upsidedown_n_backwards wrote:

My Purple and Gold is, too!

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/163/files/2013/09/76258221.jpg

What that team of ponytailed Swedes out in the flatlands is doing is nothing short of amazing, though.  Lose your starting QB, lose your all-pro RB, and still thrash everyone badly.

Must be something in the water.  smile

83 (edited by dino48 2016-10-24 17:32:46)

Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 6th loss in a row for the Forty niners. looks like we may be stuck in the basement for sometime too come,Go Green Bay and Seattle.

The Seahawks ain't going anywhere.  I don't know if anyone caught that travesty of a "football game" in Arizona on Sunday.  You're lucky if you didn't.

Here's a reacap:  Seattle's D was spectacular as usual.  Their offense was pathetic.  8 minutes into the 3rd quarter, and the score is 0-3 Arizona.  This thing crawled along to the finish line and went into overtime at 6-6.  After a full 15 minute overtime, the game ends in a tie.

75 minutes of NFL football, and they combine for 12 total points.

I HAD to watch that one Jerome.... two of my favorite teams playing each other!  But yeah, I somehow thought it would be a better showing than it turned out to be.  Once again we have to be happy that it ended all tied up rather than one or the other getting a loss for the trouble, and nobody got crippled.

What's going on with that offense anyway?  Think the Hawks should have a scrimmage with the Huskys to learn something?  The Cardinals D was getting good penetration, and with Wilson's mobility not up to snuff, I expected better protection for him to connect the air game.  Time of possession and rushing yardage kind of told the story that by all rights Arizona should have won easily.  Unbelievable were those missed field goal attempts.... ridiculous!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

jerome.oneil wrote:

The Seahawks ain't going anywhere.  I don't know if anyone caught that travesty of a "football game" in Arizona on Sunday.  You're lucky if you didn't.

Here's a reacap:  Seattle's D was spectacular as usual.  Their offense was pathetic.  8 minutes into the 3rd quarter, and the score is 0-3 Arizona.  This thing crawled along to the finish line and went into overtime at 6-6.  After a full 15 minute overtime, the game ends in a tie.

75 minutes of NFL football, and they combine for 12 total points.

Jerome at least they win some not like my team.

Well Green Bay got beat last 31 seconds. I think Jeromes Seahawks got beat also.

Tough one to lose but Atlanta played hard right to the end as did the pack it was a good game.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

dino48 wrote:

Well Green Bay got beat last 31 seconds. I think Jeromes Seahawks got beat also.

Yup.  They've reverted back to my beloved Sadhawks.  smile

My Huskies, though....   On the road to Salt Lake to play the #17 Utah Utes.   They did not have their dominating defense with them.    Utah is a bit of a one trick pony on offense, but that pony (running back Joe Williams) is knocking out 170 yards a game and the Dawgs couldn't stop him.   But they managed to win out anyway.  8-0 looking at four more wins (Cal,   USC, ASU, and then the Apple Cup against WSU) to run the table.  I just hope their cupcake out of conference schedule doesn't hurt them come championship playoff selection time.

Seems like we are all getting surprises this  season.

49ers lost again I think that is 7 losses straight. I could not see Green Bay or  the Seahawks here.

Sadhawks are on Monday night tonight against Buffalo.  My prediction is that it's another 7-3 snoozer, as neither offense is worth a dang.

On other news, the College Football Championship playoff committee decided that a one loss Texas A&M program was more worthy of inclusion that an undefeated Husky team.  This caused much panic and wailing and gnashing of teeth out here in Seattle.   I wasn't worried, as A&Ms one loss was to Alabama, which plays in the same division, so A&M couldn't even win their own conference assuming Alabama runs the table, which is likely because those boys are good.

Anyway, in response to this ranking confusion, A&M responded like the #4 team in the nation would, and went out and got beat by an unranked Mississippi State team, while the Huskies dropped 65 on Cal.

I expect tomorrow when they release the new poll, the committee in it's wisdom will chose a one loss (to unranked Penn State) Ohio State Buckeye's team over an undefeated Huskies team.

At that point, we will light the torches and get the pitchforks out of the barn.

I hope the seahawks win and can we hire the huskies to play for the 49ers? at the present time it looks like we will not win any games.

dino48 wrote:

49ers lost again I think that is 7 losses straight. I could not see Green Bay or  the Seahawks here.

I could and they stunk! The Packers need to have there starters healthy not on crutches they are not going to beat any top team with rookie corner backs and linemen period.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:
dino48 wrote:

I could and they stunk! The Packers need to have there starters healthy not on crutches they are not going to beat any top team with rookie corner backs and linemen period.

Hi Russell I guess this is going too be a lousy year for all our teams.

2 thoughts on the season thus far.

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!!

The Bucs are still The Bucs sad

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!!

The Bucs are still The Bucs sad

They are doing a lot better jeff ,they are one of the top teams.

topdown wrote:

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!!

I think we've seen the end of Tony Romo.  And if that kid doesn't win Rookie of the Year, there is no justice in the universe.

Last nights Sadhawks Bills matchup wasn't the snoozer I anticipated.  It was an absolute comedy of errors, though.  The officiating was horrendous, mostly to the detriment of the Bills.  I will say this, though.  Leshawn McCoy looks like Barry Sanders, and if Tyrod Taylor could throw a deep ball, he'd be one of the most dangerous QBs in the league.

The end of the first half was classic "butt fumble" comedy gold.   Lets review...

Three seconds left in the half, no time outs left,  third down, and the Bills have driven to within field goal range.  They bring out their kicking unit.  Richard Sherman jumps waaaaaay off sides,   but the refs don't blow the play dead like the should have in an "unabated" off sides.   So, he keeps coming for the ball, gets a chunk of it, and makes contact with the Bill's kicker.   The kicker flops like an EPL soccer player and rolls around on the ground, trying to draw a roughing flag, which he isn't going to get as Sherman got the ball and the refs didn't blow the play dead.   The Bills trainers run out on the field to help the "injured" kicker, who all of a sudden realizes he's got no time outs, and by rule, if the trainers are on the field,  the player has to sit out the next play.  Ooops.    He pops up, miraculously cured,  but by rule he's now on the sidelines.  The Bills have no one that can kick a field goal, so they run their offense out again to spike the ball and stop the clock, which they manage to do, bringing up fourth down with one second left to play in the half.

Now it really gets weird.

So here comes kicker again to kick a 45 yarder.  And he drills it.  That ball flew straight as an arrow, right through the uprights.  Unfortunately, his line moved early, so the Bills take a 10 yard penalty and have to re-kick the ball.

You know what happens next.   The next kick sliced right.    0 Points.

Gold.  I was literally laughing out loud at the whole thing was going on.

I did not see the game Jerome. I read about it this morning it sounds like a comedyof errors. Bad ref's out there.

49ers losses8 in a row Green Bay lost also and Seahawks are juat starting.