Topic: strings

my instroctor has told me that i need 2 get new strings i have a epiphone sg 310 and i am going to be playing hard rock so plz tell me what kind of strings i should get.

dont light yourself on fire... it kinda hurts.

Re: strings

The Gibson SG Standard has Britewires 10-46 as the issued strings...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

k thanxs for the recomendation

dont light yourself on fire... it kinda hurts.

I have always prefered GHS Boomers .009.  They arent extremely expensive and i have found them to have  great sustain and they seem to be stronger than other strings, including fender supers.

About strings, you are not the only here who has that problem. I believe that a similar question(s) were answered, but my SLOGAN is always: the more you ask, the more you get.
I posted a topic about when to replace your strings a couple of days ago.
I am convinced that when you have already a few times noticed, that your guitar starts to be unstable meaning, every day you start playing, you have to tune again.
About strings, there are a lot of brands and the best you can do is to buy strings from a decent company like d' addario, gibson strings, ernie ball, and more expensive ELIXIR, they have an extra coat, and claim that they are 5 times as good as regular strings because they last a lot longer. You can take a look on eBay, sometimes, in fact always, you will find a lot of different kinds of strings. QUESTION: what gauge do they need, they start with very light (and thin) strings, I think, if you don't play to often, that the greater the gauge, to be used if you really hit the strings, the more difficult it will be to create a clear sound, because you have to push them down to take a chord. I suggest medium, good for softer music, better for the fingertips, and stronger than the light strings.
I hope this was useful

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Because you havfe a guitar with humbucker pickups .010" gauge is the minimum you should use. .009"s will sound a bit tinny for humbuckers.

Bootlegger.

I agree with Bootlegger, I play a Gretsch with twin humbuckers, anything under .10 sounds too light.

Yeah, cause you have to agree with him or he'll ban you! lol

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??