Topic: Guild G37SB

Does anyone have any experience with this model? I have a chance to pick up a1981in mint condition for 400.00 with the original hard shell case. I know the owner and was there in 1981 when he bought it for 800.00 plus.

Re: Guild G37SB

Sounds like a good deal to me.  There are a few Guild owners among the ranks here, and I would have to say that I have read/heard nothing but praise for the Brand.  That said, it is a personal choice and if it fits you and sounds like a keeper when you play it you should own it. IMO smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I love guild.  I'd buy it if it feels good and has been well maintained.

What BGD said.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Never had a Guild acoustic.  But my electric was pretty great.  Then I sold it sad

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thanks for your feed back. It was my brother in laws, he bought it new and I know his guitars are kept pristine. I played it last night for while, what a great sound. I think it'll be a keeper.

IF you have a NGD pictures are a must.  smile
post to general chat.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Im trying, but I don't see where to post pictures? Ive always had a problem posting pics here.

9 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-03-02 21:25:07)

Hello, jcellini ... and welcome to Chordie!

Chordie doesn't host pics, so they'll need to be online somewhere, so you can then embed the link as follows:

[img]imagewebsiteurl.jpg[/img]

My own preference for uploading photos is Google's Picasa, but there are also several other very good ones. I found this stock photo of your guitar online, and just gotta say "Wow!" Congratulations, and Happy NGD!

http://sp.j-guitar.com/uploads/1075/r/sub_06-3313885001_l.jpg

That looks like  a keeper !

P.S. JCellini - never sell your guitars for the price that you told your wife  that you paid for it! smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Tenement Funster wrote:

Hello, jcellini ... and welcome to Chordie!

Chordie doesn't host pics, so they'll need to be online somewhere, so you can then embed the link as follows:

[img]imagewebsiteurl.jpg[/img]

My own preference for uploading photos is Google's Picasa, but there are also several other very good ones. I found this stock photo of your guitar online, and just gotta say "Wow!" Congratulations, and Happy NGD!

http://sp.j-guitar.com/uploads/1075/r/sub_06-3313885001_l.jpg

That's it exactly.. Thanks for putting that up..

Well that's just beautiful.  I hope you get many years of pleasure from it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Congratulations, a fine looking guitar.

Thick as two short planks