Topic: Songbook

I've logged in gone to songs selected a song and clicked "add to song book" then it tells me to log in and when I do AGAIN the song won't go to my song book. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Songbook

The answer may be here:   http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=31751

Personally I don't keep a songbook here, but rather on my local drive.  That way I don't have to be connected to the Net to have all my music at hand wherever I may be.

Welcome to Chordie by the way !!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug

I'd like to that.  How'd you do it?

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Doug

I'd like to that.  How'd you do it?

Jim,  Well I just made a folder in my Documents labeled Sheet Music to start with, and added folders to that sub-directory (a folder for each artist/band) and when "gathering songs" I choose Print to File and select .pdf as the finished file type.  Once there on the local drive, it is easy to use the "search" feature to locate songs within the main directory by title (providing you use the title as the "save-as" filename & include sub-directories in the search criteria).

You can copy each song to a separate folder for "set lists" or whatever, and copy that to a thumb drive and stick it in your guitar case when heading out for a gig.  Any device with a charged battery and usb port will let you display the tunes to share or whatever. Not much out there that won't open a .pdf and display it properly and no web needed !!

5 (edited by TIGLJK 2017-04-18 11:47:27)

Perfect.   Thanks Doug!!!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Perfect.   Thanks Doug!!!

Jim

Kinda " old school..... but then I'm a Old Guy" and just too old to be carrying that backpack full of binders full of paper in addition to the rest of my gear.  Not anti-Tech, but out here on the "edge of Civilization" power and cloud are not always available (not to mention when I go out of town there are few people and fewer cell towers). wink

Heck that's better than my version, I copy and past to a word document, but sometimes I like a biger font So  I still print a lot of stuff.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I use evernote for the very same reason - instantly available on all devices. plus you can tag and categorize songs (artist, genre, decade, etc) to instantly filter and create dynamic set lists.