Topic: Bands you just can't stand

We all have artists that just make up want to leap off a cliff. Now I know that this will start some heated disputes but please remember that these are opinions and should be respected.

On my part I just hate:

Oasis
Celine Dion ..... yes she grew up just a little ways from where I live but I can't stand her
Sean Paul

Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Re: Bands you just can't stand

Hey I hear you... honestly I really hate:

Gwen Steffani...where is the talent?
Justin Timberlake
Tom Petty
Pillar
No Doubt

Def Leppard.

That is all.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

It's a common thing now to ATTACK James Blunt.
Probably he cares, but in the mean time he's laughing, you're beautiful, and you bought my records.

There are some female singers. I really hate to listen to their music, they don't are aware of the fact you can sing a song without changing their "singing" from low to high 2 seconds, and the from high to low in 2 seconds.
AND 100% IF IT IS CALLED AGAIN RHYTHM AND BLUES. They neither hold their Rhythm, and it's definite NO BLUES. I'd rather prefer the "SPICE OLD WOMEN", they are no girls anymore.

Should it be a POSH /BECKHAM stunt again?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Any silly pop what i call bubblegum music! Meaningless drivel.
I also think all these girl and boy bands who don't play instruments, they all sound the same to me.

fall out boy and panic at the disoc. i just cant stand them

I'm gonna say it....

GREEN DAY!

and any other pseudo punk bank or emo garbage.

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

anything on pop radio. Is there a problem with the hearing of today's music buyer? Several of todays artists just plain cannot stay on tune.
Ciara, Rhiannon,Pink,Sheryl Crow...sorry ladies

Go WINGS..and Tigers,Lions and Reading F.C...C'mon Royals

gtrgirl555 wrote:

fall out boy and panic at the disoc. i just cant stand them

Aghhhhh! How could I forget Panic at The Disco, my daughter loves them and I want to stick sharp objects in my eyes when I hear them!!!!

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

A band that I just can't listen to is Foreigner.  I may take some flak from all the classic rock lovers here but they kinda make my skin crawl.

Panic (exclamation point!) at the disco and Maroon 5.

I know, strictly speaking, they aren't bands but Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and Whitney Houstan (spelling?) make me want to chew my own wrists off. All that tonsil wobbling and voice gymnastics, yuck.

slayer, wham, spice girls and any other manufactured boy/girl band, dance bands, this r and b stff that is not really r andb but jus some sort of jazzy soul crap. hmmm, britney, justin,tiffaney etc all crap.
tha other band that I cannot and do not want to remember the name of but had that guy jusin singing really high in spandex thingcalled love song...ok enough on them before i remember the name.
most women singers unless they play the guitar so a few are safe from my hate list
garth brookes, babyshambles, vevet revolver, that guy that won that competition paul dodds or whatever sort of opera pish he done.
ermm ( I have a lot of hate in me right now, :LOL: )
McFly, the other band I keep getting mixed up with Mcfly, james blunt, dj's that get a name for using other peoples music, and an other dj that plays crap music.
ok, my hate list will have to end there for just now, even though I know I hae missed a few out.

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I am also not a fan of the vocal gymnastics.  If anyone is interested in amazing vocal gymnastics that don't suck, go old school with Mahalia Jackson.  A four octave range any note of which is available to her after any preceeding note.  Classically trained and simply amazing.  And yet, while I appreciate her talent and skill, I don't enjoy the musical genre. 

Boy bands.  None of them have entertained me.  Just don't care for the style.  Again, I do appreciate the skill in harmonizing well.

Lots and lots and lots of hair bands, or the style of stadium rock in general.  Poison, Ratt, Guns n Roses, etc.  Not saying it's bad, just saying it's not to my taste. 

Talking country.  Freddy Fender did some songs like that.  They all did some like that back in the day, so I probably shouldn't pick on Mr. Fender.  I like country, but not the talking country of yesteryear.  Makes me want to puke.  "And darling, I just need you to know..."  BLAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Punk.  With due apologies to our esteemed moderator, his kilt, and whatever is up it, but I don't care for punk one whit. 

I'm pretty much a blues, country, classic rock, and alternative rock (for which I am still trying to figure out what is alternative about them, same four chords, same progressions).   Plus I love '60's Soul!  It's tough to beat Wicked Wilson Pickett, Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, Ray Charles.  That genre and era was awesome.  Good tunes, simple instrumentation, lyrics about stuff I can understand.  Mostly.  More or less.  Well, I'm still not sure how to dust a broom, but I understand where he's coming from on "Sittin' On The Dock of the Bay."  I use that one as a lullaby.  My daughter at 4, who has shown an aptitude for picking up lyrics and melody, learned it from me singing it to her at night.  I didn't realize she was memorizing the songs, but I went back to check on her in the shower once and here's this little blond 4-year-old who's never known hunger or worried for a place to sleep belting out "I've got nothing to live for, ain't nothing going to come my way..."  Hilarious.   I guess you had to be there.  Don't nobody start lining up to watch my daughter in the shower! 

- Big D

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm with the majority. I hate boy/girl bands. Anything that crawled from the gutter to try out for Pop Idol - if they had the talent they wouldn't need the help of a reality TV show. I don't like classical, country n western, opera... not that it's bad, just not my bag.

Nothing to do with music, but god I hate Paris Hilton.

nadine2 wrote:

I know, strictly speaking, they aren't bands but Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and Whitney Houstan (spelling?) make me want to chew my own wrists off. All that tonsil wobbling and voice gymnastics, yuck.

I must say that although I don't like this particular sound, I do love classicaly trained singers i.e opera. But they're in a different league to these whiny,self absorbed, divas.

Zurf wrote:

Punk.  With due apologies to our esteemed moderator, his kilt, and whatever is up it, but I don't care for punk one whit. 

- Big D

lol,
no need for appologies, some of my close friends detest some of the music I like whether it be punk, folk, rock, heavy rock, heavy metal, country.

everyone has their own tastes

another style of music I dont care for much but I really appreciate the way it is done is Indian music, the kind ye hear in indian films and when yer sitting in an indian restaraunt. Although when ye sit in an indian restaraunt it just is not the same if you hear anythin other than indian music.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

My pet hates,
are some of the Irish Country/ Western singers here! Great gutteral Irish Accents { nothing wrong with that }But when they sing they use an American twang to there singing { Nothing wrong with American accents either} Why cant  they just sing with there own natural voices?

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

upyerkilt wrote:

another style of music I dont care for much but I really appreciate the way it is done is Indian music, the kind ye hear in indian films and when yer sitting in an indian restaraunt. Although when ye sit in an indian restaraunt it just is not the same if you hear anythin other than indian music.

Ken

I actually moved out of an apartment because the woman who moved in upstairs from us played Indian music loudly.  Everyone played music loudly there, so loud music wasn't a problem.  Now, the person who lived there prior to this woman had a boyfriend in the merchant marines, and when he came in from the sea he "came in from the sea".  We got loud music at all hours to play over the other noises.  But she had good taste in music (or at least similar to mine) and we were newlyweds or close enough to count anyway and so would just join in as long as there was good music playing.  James Taylor, America, etc. 

But when the Indian woman moved in and had similar habits, well it's just not the same trying to get things going with all those cymbals and crazy partial-tones.  I guess I've just got ears that are too Western to appreciate that music.  So, we weren't having fun and we weren't sleeping.  So we moved. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Edgefan wrote:

A band that I just can't listen to is Foreigner.  I may take some flak from all the classic rock lovers here but they kinda make my skin crawl.

That's because aftyer their 3rd album (Dirty white boy) they went limp ans started playing contemporary adult oreientated rock ie: soft rock no flack here because after that they did suck. I seen them live on their first album tour they were on the bill with Lynyrd Skynard and Ted Nugent.

Bootlegger.

I cant stand greenday, Journey, and simple plan. i can deal with most anything else.

"If the weed-eater guy comes back, drop the golf clubs and pretend you were walking the dog"

And now shall begin the list of crap artists/bands. Best to copy, paste, and add to the list when you find a new one you hate.

Celine Dion
Whitney houston
Christina Aguilera
Britney Spears
Justin Timberlake
Enrique (The Mole) Iglesias
Ordinary Boys
Culture Club
Boy George
George Michael
Wham
Bananarama
Oasis
Nirvana (I just didn't get that whole Grunge "i'm going to kill myself my life is awful because I AM A BLOODY MILLIONAIRE!!" sort of thing)
Biffy Clyro (Again, a poor man's Foo Fighters)
Rihanna
Ciara
Ludicris
Puffy Piddly Widdly Diddly Big Daddy Giant Haystacks Hulk Hogan Puff (Or whatever his name is now)
Usher
Kanye West
Mariah Carey
Goat Slayer Bands (IE - Bands that just play lots of power chords and scream over the top)
Radiohead
Crowded House
Lionel Ritchie
Phil Collins (Just something about him makes me want to slap him)
Rick Astley
Rod Stewart
Calvin Harris
David Guetta
Erik Morillo
Cascada
Just Jack
Jamiroquai (Although mucho respecto to Jay Kay's car collection)
Chemical Brothers
Jack Johnson
Gorillaz
The Kooks
COLDPLAY!!!! I HATE CHRIS MARTIN!!! Jumped up little ****
Busted
McFly
Lily Bloody Allen
Amy Wine-o...I mean Winehouse
David Gray
Craig David
James Blunt
Shakira (Although i most definitely would)
Jose Gonzalez
Keane
Madonna
Nelly Furtado (Although again, I would)
Nizlopi
Robbie Williams
Take That
Westlife
Boyzone
No Doubt
Scissor Sisters
Pink Floyd (Sorry to the Floyd fans but i really dont get it, maybe i'm too young to get it just now)
Snoopy Doggy Woof Woof
The Fray (Whiney horribe little scrotes)
U2...Total garbage their later stuff, earlier stuff ie - Joshua Tree is good but when Bono got mega politically up himself i started HATING them. Plus i think "The Edge" (What a tit) is not that good and is just and effects pedal freak. Imagine a catastrophic effects cock-up at a U2 concert?! You'd just hear Edgey Boy playing Jingle Bells
Anyway....Razorlight
The Feeling
Arcade Fire
The Automatic
Bon Jovi
Box Car Racer
Franz Ferdinand
Fallout Boy
Il Divo
Good Charlotte
Ian Dury and the Blockheads
Justin Hawkins
The Darkness
Limp Bizkit (Wes Borland - Good...Fred Durst - BAD)
Lenny Kravitz - Jimi Hendrix wannabe
Pete Doherty
Maximo Park
POD
Panic! At The Disco
Steve Vai - Now don't get me wrong, immensely talented and gifted but such a big-head! Some, no, 99% of the stuff he plays is just dross of the worst kind. He just plays the most far-out crap he can peddle and hopes to get away with it. At Least Paul Gilbert could play in bands and work around lyrics. Vai can't be trusted to just play something simple. However i do have massive respect for the man.

Anyway thats only my opinion

ugh, there are so many bands out there that I just can't stand. Here's a couple that haven't been listed yet

Thomas Dolby- my mom loves this guy! he sang 'europa' and 'blinded me with science'
Kelly Clarkson
Jimmy Buffet
Korn
Sean Kingston- he sounds like a twelve year old...
Hinder- another 'i feel so sorry for myself cuz im a millionare' band

thats all i can think of off the top of my head

nice thread
::kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Good grief, Wibble.  I think the list of bands you *do* like is probably much shorter.  big_smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Bands i DO like:-

Guns N Roses
Lynrd Skynrd
AC/DC
Dragonforce
Metallica
Arctic Monkeys
Aerosmith
Alice Cooper