Topic: a song for dad recording

https://soundcloud.com/mojo01/a-song-for-dad
I changed the chords up a little and a couple of the lines from the previous post and gave it a name. sorry about the back ground noise, recording on my lap top in my room at work. hope you like it

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: a song for dad recording

mojo01 A beautiful song and so nicely performed. Thank you for sharing it.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Nice song, Mojo ... really heart-warming. AND ... I also like that you actually have a room at work where you can take time to do personal stuff like recording music. I just hope your boss doesn't visit the Forums at Chordie, or it could be trouble. lol

Mojo that is one brilliant song. It is a song that honours the life of a brave man keeping alive his life  story for many years and future generations  to come. The recording works perfectly because the song is stronger than any technical issues you had.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Nice song, Mojo ... really heart-warming. AND ... I also like that you actually have a room at work where you can take time to do personal stuff like recording music. I just hope your boss doesn't visit the Forums at Chordie, or it could be trouble. lol

TF, the boss don't mind I'm on my time off in the evening in my quarters. now my neighbor next door can hear me through the thin walls when I play at night might mind lol. perhaps I should explain,  i work a 28 day rotation for a large oil company i am currently working n a small west African country i have a small apartment on the compound where i live while i am at work. Not much else to do here on my down time
and thanks' for the comment i am glad you liked it

PJ and CG thanks to you also for the complements

mojo01  ... that was a touching song, after all that hard work then to be taken out by cancer and not get to enjoy life after and retirement.  I am sure your dad would have been very proud of your guitar playing and songwriting talent.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Brilliant song - just excellent MOJO         I love your Texas voice.
This song resonates with passion and emotion.
Thanks for sharing it.
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke