Topic: Dual Subject Matter

By Dual subject matter i don't mean the subject matter is about Duals...apologies to any knights i may have offended...

1 - To start i'll say hello, my first post and i've already offended the Knights

2 - I just been messing around and played Star Spangled Banner (Jimi Hendrix version) and God Save The Queen (Brian May Version) and was wondering how many other National Anthems have been given the Axe Treatment? And also, has anyone else noticed that the guitar can transform a dreary load of old turd like God Save the Queen for Example into a half decent tune?

Anyway, i'll go and leave it up to you guys. At least on my first post i didn't start spouting some crap about paranormal investigation and how it can improve your guitar playing.......

Re: Dual Subject Matter

Hi Wibble,
Welcome to realm of Chordie. Mostly Sirs with a few Ladies.
I see old Will the paranormal left a legacy. I kinda miss him. smile

Your right the Guitar can transform any mundane tune into something vibrant and fankly worth listening to.
I maybe abit bias on that point though.

Regards

Ark

Re: Dual Subject Matter

Ah yes, Will the Paranormal Investigator... A mate of mine who i often dual the banjo's with, Besti, posts on here and was showing some of the garbage that lad spoke and i took an instant dislike.

On another note, again on a bit of a random note a friend of mine at work introduced me to Prince and his fret-abusing prowess and frankly i'm impressed by the sheer amount of funk he can produce for a smarmy little midget with a silly name and even sillier hair. I have a new found respect for the symbol.

And also, I went to the Stockton Riverside Festival on Friday and it helped to confirm something to me. The Ordinary Boys are absolute garbage. I was willing to give them the "live benefit of the doubt" as i put it, in respect of the fact that some bands sound much better live than on record. IE - Muse, sound good on record but to see Matt Bellamy supremely fret-wank live is an awe inspiring experience.

However Preston and his fake-mod cronies are awful