Topic: Which guitar would you recommend for a beginner?

Title says it all

- Ibanez GRG121DX

- Ibanez Gio GRG170DX

- Ibanez RG421EX

If not any of these, give me some recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Which guitar would you recommend for a beginner?

I'd recommend the one you feel most comfortable with ... both financially, and in your hands, as there is nothing worse than having a guitar you don't want to play ...

Makes and models don't really come into play when it feels "right" (although I do like the Ibanez range!!) ...

Cheers

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

Can someone advice more models for complete begginers?

To be fond of learning is near to wisdom; to practice with vigor is near to benevolence; and to be conscious of shame is near to fortitude. He who knows these three things

Martin or Gibson that is all.go with the best.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Guild....

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Welcome to Chordie . For a true beginner and depending on how much you want to spend, you might consider  some Yamaha steel string guitars. Look at at FG800, or a FG830. You can always later spend more for a better guitar as you learn more.  These would have low action and would make a good inexpensive starter guitar.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-12-18 11:47:38)

With the Ibanez models you've posted, I'd personally be inclined to go with the RG ... better electronics than the GIO's. Ibanez are known for for their very playable necks, which are narrow and fast. That's a problem for someone with large thick hands (like me) as the strings are just a bit too close together.

I'll echo what CG said ... Yamaha's are excellent value, especially for an acoustic. Epiphone also make a lot of decent quality guitars at affordable prices in both acoustic and electric ... worth a look.

And I also agree with Russell, that a player eventually should get the best guitar they can afford. However, if someone is just starting, and perhaps not sure if they'll stay with it, spending a lot of $$$ on a guitar probably doesn't make sense. Your ongoing interest and skill level will tell you when it's time to upgrade.

danielabracho1685 wrote:

La guitarra acústica: ideal para principiantes
La guitarra acústica se parece a la guitarra clásica, pero puede tener cuerdas de metal y el mástil es mucho más fino.
Esta característica hace que sea una guitarra muy versátil, ya que es adecuada para una amplia variedad de estilos musicales. Se usa mucho para tocar pop, rock, blues y jazz.
Tiene un registro mucho más amplio que la guitarra clásica. Si quieres tocar canciones famosas que se escuchan en todas partes, tocar con amigos, cantar a la vez y llevarla a todas partes y si tus gustos musicales son de estilo folk, rock, pop, pop rock o blues, esta es la guitarra ideal para ti.
Aunque tiene un precio un poco más alto que su hermana pequeña, la guitarra clásica, es una guitarra muy versátil. Tiene un registro mucho más amplio que la guitarra clásica y también es mucho más fácil de tocar por tener el mástil más fino, más cómodo y más adecuado a la música actual. Esta es la guitarra que se recomienda para los principiantes.
Recuerda que escoger bien las cuerdas de la guitarra es una tarea a tener en cuenta.

Translation: 
The acoustic guitar: ideal for beginners
The acoustic guitar looks like the classical guitar, but it can have metal strings and the neck is much thinner.
This feature makes it a very versatile guitar, as it is suitable for a wide variety of musical styles. It is widely used to play pop, rock, blues and jazz.
It has a much wider record than the classical guitar. If you want to play famous songs that are heard everywhere, play with friends, sing at the same time and take it everywhere and if your musical tastes are folk, rock, pop, pop rock or blues, this is the ideal guitar for you.
Although it has a price a little higher than its little sister, the classical guitar, it is a very versatile guitar. It has a much wider record than the classical guitar and is also much easier to play because it has the thinnest, most comfortable and most suitable mast to the current music. This is the guitar that is recommended for beginners.
Remember that choosing the guitar strings well is a task to be taken into account.

Por favor publique en este foro en inglés si es posible. La mayoría de los miembros no hablan español con fluidez.  Gracias.  smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I think (given the model/brands in the OP) he was after an electric ... I guess the acoustic/electric argument would be valid if he had posted no models, but sometimes people want a specific type of guitar due to their personalities, external influences, etc ... horses for courses, so to speak ...

Cheers

Richard

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

You can use basic Ibanez or Stagg guitars

Look for a good used acoustic. Yamaha  and Ibanez have some good ones. If you were in this area, I could set you up.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Greatr electrics in the 200 to 400 range, The RG line is defiantly a good one.  Fender Squires, when set up are great, the Epis are nice. Cort  and Washburn, good choices if you check them out and make sure everything is good.

tell us who your influences are and what direction you are aiming for and that helps get you  better feedback.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Due to financial reasons my first guitar was really, really cheap and nasty! The action was high and octaves were further out than Pluto! But it did strengthen my fingers. After saving for a few months I had enough to buy a better one which made playing a lot easier and tuneful. As time passed and I got more proficient and had a better cash flow, I got to the stage where I could choose a guitar that suited me as a player instead of my pocket.

So, I would suggest (unless you've already gone through that stage) get a cheapie, strengthen your digits and find out if the guitar is right for you before paying out great sums of money that might be better spent elsewhere

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Wallsend wrote:

Tiene un registro mucho más amplio que la guitarra clásica. Si quieres tocar canciones famosas que se escuchan en todas partes, tocar con amigos, cantar a la vez y llevarla a todas partes y si tus gustos musicales son de estilo folk, rock, pop, pop rock o blues, esta es la guitarra ideal para ti.

Por favor publique en este foro en inglés si es posible   smile     

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Claro!     

You should check out some review websites.     

Music Is Love, Music Is Life, Music is everything.