Topic: Inspirational Quotes

All that is gold does not sparkle,

Not each one of the individuals who meander are lost;

The old that is solid does not wilt,

Profound roots are not come to by the ice.

From the fiery debris a fire should be woken,

A light from the shadows should spring;

Restored should be edge that was broken,

The crown less again might be above all else."

2 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-12-12 21:50:16)

Re: Inspirational Quotes

https://margocatts.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/what-face.png

WHY BOTHER WITH BEANS, WHEN YOU CAN DO THAT WITH PABLUM?

Enjoy Every Sandwich.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Farmer's are out standing in their field....

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Kaua e mate wheke mate ururoa
Don't die like a octopus, die like a hammerhead shark
Octopus are renown for their lack of resistance when being captured, however a hammerhead shark will fight bitterly to the end, to the point that when you fillet it fresh, its meat quivers. Commonly used to encourage someone not to give up, no matter how hard the struggle is.

"Don't beat your head against a dead horse"

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young and leave a beautiful corpse.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Peatle Jville wrote:

I really like this one. Do you know for sure who might have coined it? I'd like to read more of that person...

KevinRK wrote:
Peatle Jville wrote:

I really like this one. Do you know for sure who might have coined it? I'd like to read more of that person...

My first guess would have been Mark Twain or maybe Hemmingway,  but here ya' go :    https://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/01/22/borrow-earth/

Whomever, it's still a good one !! smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

11 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-12-15 20:32:35)

Kev I have no idea who came up with this good thought. I am not sure where I first heard this thought on life.I think Doug has found it's origins. My older sister who is twelve years older than me went to school with Quakers and maybe I heard it from her. A friend of mine was brought up in the United States Amish but he left it when he became a man Imight have got the saying  from him.

"I've thought a lot about thinking; thought about it a lot. And as I thought about thinking, I think I thought a thought!"

Knowledge is clearing the  fog and knowing that we can  sail our ship home   These  words  are passed down to me from my mother who heard them from  others in her past.

"A computer once beat me at chess; but it was no match for me at kick-boxing."  - Emo Philips

KevinRK wrote:
Peatle Jville wrote:

That's Chief Seattle of the Nez Perce tribe from America's Pacific Northwest.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Cheers Zurf my 97 years young mother agrees with you  that it is a Chief Seattle Quote.

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.This  is a New Zealand proverb.

Outstanding quote

I'm normally leery responding to an old topic brought up by a new member with an innocuous, yet meaningless response, but somehow I missed this thread so I thought I would add one of my favs.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" ~ Fred Allen

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

My mother was a bit of a case when I was a kid, on my way out to play she once told me "you come home here dead and I'll kill you" ah the good old days?

I saw a comedian who joked "I change my underpants every week; I take them off, throw them against the wall and if they don't stick I put them back on"

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Those last two are solid gold ... great laughs. My late Dad had a few to illustrate how he felt about someone or something:

1) Two good friends:  "Closer than bark to a tree."

2) A stupid person:   "He's got delusions of adequacy."

3) A chewy steak:   "Tougher than a boiled owl."

4) An immature person:   "I wonder what he'll be when he grows up?"

5) A lazy person:   "Not enough ambition to fart downwind from himself."

love that last one TF.

my dad was a lorry driver and during school holidays i'd go with him for a day out, so when we got home one night he spotted a young girl in a mini skirt and out of the blue he says; mae goese honna mind lan i penol hi, roughly translated from the Welsh; that girls legs go all the way up to her backside, or words to that effect

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

"Although I cannot change the wind, I can trim my sails"

I don't remember where I first heard it but I used the phrase for the "hook" in one of the songs I wrote several years ago.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Phill Williams wrote:

love that last one TF.

my dad was a lorry driver and during school holidays i'd go with him for a day out, so when we got home one night he spotted a young girl in a mini skirt and out of the blue he says; mae goese honna mind lan i penol hi, roughly translated from the Welsh; that girls legs go all the way up to her backside, or words to that effect

My dad us d that one also.  I had a female friend in highschool an I mentioned it to her. Lolol she started wearing jeans to my house.lol

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

My youngest son also has a few lines that make me grin:

1) An annoying person:   "He has a very punchable face."

2) A clueless person:   "Even if you didn't explain anything to him, he still wouldn't get it."

3) About "All Star" games:   "They're just ways for leagues to get money from non sports fans."