26 (edited by alvee33 2007-08-08 15:23:58)

Re: Things We Hate...Or at least Dislike VERY MUCH!!

As does most of Scottish cuisine. lmao.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Just to add...

http://chrisglass.com/journal/images/20 … hingle.jpg

SHIT ON THE SHINGLE
Printable Version
4½ oz. dried beef
2 cups milk
2 tbs. butter
¼ cup flour
Salt and pepper
6 slices bread
Melt butter in pan, add dried beef. Cook 2-3 minutes to brown. Add milk (reserve ¼ cup for later), salt & pepper. Bring to boil. Mix flour and remaining milk together. Slowly add to boiling mixture until it begins to thicken. Serve over toast.

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

1) Some Women, too much been a womaniser.
2) Youngsters, driving in a VW, with baseball heads and a LOT of techno/house
3) People passing by, while I am just in my seat, relaxed, without been called

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

krhoades wrote:

Just to add...

http://chrisglass.com/journal/images/20 … hingle.jpg

SHIT ON THE SHINGLE
Printable Version
4½ oz. dried beef
2 cups milk
2 tbs. butter
¼ cup flour
Salt and pepper
6 slices bread
Melt butter in pan, add dried beef. Cook 2-3 minutes to brown. Add milk (reserve ¼ cup for later), salt & pepper. Bring to boil. Mix flour and remaining milk together. Slowly add to boiling mixture until it begins to thicken. Serve over toast.

Now that looks like a bear just took a dump on your toast. I thought they went in the woods.......

nadine2 wrote:
sanguine wrote:
nadine2 wrote:

hunters / hunting
sandwich spread  ( retch, retch, retch )
taxes ( this one I definately hate.)
And barre chords...I suck at them

Oh nadine you strike my heart a painful blow.  Why no hunting? and since im a hunter you must dislike me.  Not trying to start a debate but thats why we have the second amendment right?
Sorry to go a little postal on that but since youve probably never hunted or have met hunters and only head hunters who even hunters dislike you shouldnt be speaking on the subject.

can you tell what i dislike, beside tuna, my boss, and liberals.

Hi Sanguine,
Actually we have a small game farm right in the heart of the bushveld and most of the farms around us allow hunting. Almost all of our friends hunt, the men mostly though. I deal daily with people from all countries who come for hunting. Let me explain. If you use the meat and do it in a respectful manner and give the animal the respect it is due. then by all means hunt. It is afterall a personal choice. But when the animal is "canned" and the head of the animal is chopped off and the rest is just buried....it's such a terrible waste. I don't hate anybody who hunts, I have just seen what some people like to call hunting. And that's my personal choice! Please don't assume on my behalf that I know nothing on the subject. One generally needs to know something before you can make an informed choice, don't you? And these aren't "fighting words"  just an explanation as to my pont of veiw, which doesn't have to be anyone elses if they don't like it.

I understand that perfectly and thanks for elaborating on your viewpoint.  my father works for an outdoor company and i have grown up arpund that culture.  im sorry if it looked like i was snarling at you.  and i can tell you that not many of the peolpe here like headhunters either we call them yahoos. and in the future why dont you just say head hunters? big_smile

So Red Delicious

sanguine wrote:

Oh nadine you strike my heart a painful blow.  Why no hunting? and since im a hunter you must dislike me.  Not trying to start a debate but thats why we have the second amendment right?

No.  It is not why we have the 2nd Amendment.

Things I dislike:  Poor civics education.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

rap

hawk nelson

fried zucchini

fried mushrooms

hemp ice cream

just curious though, what place does this discussion have on a guitar site???

To reach out with your hands/ See the world through your eyes/ To live with the love of the savior/ To feel with your heart/ And think with your mind/I'd give my last breath for your glory!!!

jerome.oneil wrote:
sanguine wrote:

No.  It is not why we have the 2nd Amendment.

Things I dislike:  Poor civics education.

Further, in that this is an internationally popular site, it is difficult to know whether Sanguine is covered by the U.S. Constitution.  Old Doll, lovely as she is, would not be covered by the second amendment to the Constitution because the poor dear is still working on some version or another of the Magna Carta, unless there was another revolution I missed in my own not terribly well informed liberal arts education. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

sanguine wrote:
nadine2 wrote:
sanguine wrote:

Sorry to go a little postal on that but since youve probably never hunted or have met hunters and only head hunters who even hunters dislike you shouldnt be speaking on the subject.

can you tell what i dislike, beside tuna, my boss, and liberals.

Hi Sanguine,
Actually we have a small game farm right in the heart of the bushveld and most of the farms around us allow hunting. Almost all of our friends hunt, the men mostly though. I deal daily with people from all countries who come for hunting. Let me explain. If you use the meat and do it in a respectful manner and give the animal the respect it is due. then by all means hunt. It is afterall a personal choice. But when the animal is "canned" and the head of the animal is chopped off and the rest is just buried....it's such a terrible waste. I don't hate anybody who hunts, I have just seen what some people like to call hunting. And that's my personal choice! Please don't assume on my behalf that I know nothing on the subject. One generally needs to know something before you can make an informed choice, don't you? And these aren't "fighting words"  just an explanation as to my pont of veiw, which doesn't have to be anyone elses if they don't like it.

I understand that perfectly and thanks for elaborating on your viewpoint.  my father works for an outdoor company and i have grown up arpund that culture.  im sorry if it looked like i was snarling at you.  and i can tell you that not many of the peolpe here like headhunters either we call them yahoos. and in the future why dont you just say head hunters? big_smile

Hi Sanguine,
No, you were not snarling! I see now what you mean. In south africa we call them assholes! But you know there does come good out of hunting. 25% of all profits from hunting are applied towards conservation, so although it's not my personal choice it doesn't make anyone who does it  bad! I'm going to go and edit my origional list right now!

I hate tailgaters.

one caper after another

Kraml. This is "Chordies Chat Corner" which means you can start threads on absolutely ANYTHING you want really. Like Paranormal Will who was banging on about how Paranormal investigation...well i fell asleep after Paranormal investigation if i'm honest but anyway. That is why it is on a guitar website Kraml

Ok ok, just thought it was a little strange.

anyways, it is interesting!

To reach out with your hands/ See the world through your eyes/ To live with the love of the savior/ To feel with your heart/ And think with your mind/I'd give my last breath for your glory!!!

I forgot some details.
- the scratching noise of the teacher writing down something with a piece of chalk on the board in front of the class, creeping, horrible sounding noise.
- HAGGIS, sorry upyerkilt.
- people smelling like a bottle of 90° alcohol, and certainly when they try to hide with a CHEWING-GUM.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

i hate     watching baseball

drinking milk

listening Cannibal Corpses, Cradle of fielth

watching action movies

eating mutton

i live only to discover beauty. all else is a form of waiting

badeye wrote:

I hate tailgaters.

Not a fan of tailgating? You come to Ohio some time and I'll change your mind on that one lol

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

i really dislike techno music.  i see no musical talent in it at all. oh, and george bush's entire adminstration

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Tailgating?  It's not so bad - I live in a university town where tailgating before, during, and after the baseball and football games is a high art.  People take great pride in preparing delicious food and sharing with friends and passers by.

There are some 'extreme' tailgaters who arrive the day before the game just to get their gear set up and start cooking the BBQ.  Some groups have so much gear that it takes intensive labor by a team of experts to get it all properly deployed. 

Other groups keep it simple and have very simple fare and a blanket to sit upon.

I am not a sports fan (can't see much point in watching other people have all the fun) but the tailgating is a not-to-be-missed opportunity to socialize, eat, and laugh.  I like the multi-generational aspects of it - babies, grandparents, sulking teens, proud parents.

The only thing I dislike about the tailgating is that some groups leave tons of trash for other people to clean up - seems to me that if you bring it, you need to take it away also.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Oh yeah I know how big tailgating can be in the SEC. But it's definitely a great experience to meet new people and enjoy great food and B-S-ing lol. We always go to the Indy 500, where we camp out with this guy who's like the 2-time grilling champion of Michigan... wow is his food incredible

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

haha sulking teens... life is to short to sulk, every sixty seconds you spend sad or angry is a minute of happiness you'll never get back smile guitar is greatly accepted at tailgates. Then again guitar is accepted almost anywhere outdoors where alcohol is being/has been served wink Anways sorry to get a little off topic.
Cheers
::kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Goths.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

People in Ohio with rebel flags. If you wanna wave a rebel flag around in the south, go ahead, honor your heritage or whatever... but in Ohio? We were in the damn Union! (Thank god)

-James Marshall Hendrix

etc_04 wrote:

People in Ohio with rebel flags. If you wanna wave a rebel flag around in the south, go ahead, honor your heritage or whatever... but in Ohio? We were in the damn Union! (Thank god)

lol thats ticks me off too... but on my list of things i absolutely HATE are ppl who fly the flag for the wrong reason with no idea what its supposed to stand for. Folks who fly the flag just because they're racists give people like me a bad name.

ANother thing I hate is people who fake it. Im a christian but i can't stand holier than thou idiots who think they're better than everybody else... and ESPECIALLY hate gospel quartets who suck but they want to prance around and take your money like they're good....

and then of course there are my littler pet peeves like tuning the B string (always have trouble with that one for some reason) and the smell of eggs frying (im allergic and it makes me nausiated) and green beans that aint cooked right.
THROW SOME BACON GREASE IN THERE OFR GOD"S SAKE!!

All You Need is Love smile

Here here! I never fail to squirm when there is a "praise band" playing at church. Usually they're not too good and all that happy clappy Kuhm by Yah (or whatever) freaks me out.

Each to their own, I suppose, but don't expect me to be dancing in the pews.

Grump grump grump.

jpage_roxmysox has just helped me to realize that 'sulking teens' is something I do abhor.  A little moodiness now and then is OK, but some adolescents make a whole career out of 'public sulking'.

For some adolescents 'public sulking' it is the only way they know how to behave - like they are way too cool to have any fun.  They act as if moping about sullen and forlorn and swooning constantly is some sort of profound statement.  Get a life!

Goodness - I sound like some cranky old fart . . . maybe I'll mope around and sulk a bit!
Harumph!  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Okay I have to ask...WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS TAILGATING ???