1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2017-12-24 06:32:36)

Topic: Need Some Help With This One, Folks

It's based on a silly little game Dondra and I play every day. If I am the first one to say, I love you, I get to say "ding" right afterward. She replies with "Love you too, *ding-ding* If she's the first one, the opposite applies.

Does any one remember Shirley Ellis' "Name Game"? I have it styled that way with a spoken part in the middle.

The chords as I imagine them are G ---D7 ----G----D7.Please try it and tell me if  this is a good progression.

BUT as usual, I have written myself into a corner and can't come out. It needs another verse and during the spoken part I have the band playing a G-C-D progression.

Here it is, please critique and help me out if you can with another verse? Thanks!

The Love Bell
(starts with a loud crescendo on drums and bass - one beat and simultaneously the singer begins with......)

Hey!!!
Let the love bell ring
let it ring, let it ring
I'm justa doin' my thing
Sayin' I love you!

It's a  game we play
each and every day
Be the first to say
"Baby I love you"

[Spoken} "Why not play along with us?
The rules are simple. You be the first one to say "I love you", and you get to say "ding" afterward. Like this: I lve you! *DING*
Your partner replies with, "Love you too" *DING, DING*. No losers in this game. Only ever-lovin' WINNERS."

So let the love bell ring!
Let it ring, let it ring
Justa doin' my thing
Sayin' I love you"

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Need Some Help With This One, Folks

Great to see you writing Strummerboy Bill and looking forward to hearing how this one goes smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

3 (edited by ctech 2017-12-29 17:12:17)

Re: Need Some Help With This One, Folks

Hi Strummerboy Bill  I've come up with
G            D7          G
Let the love bell ring
G        D7           G
Let it ring let it ring
G             D7             G
I'm just a doin' my thing
G9       Dm D7  G
Sayin' "I    love you"

Then for the spoken bit  G chord with D added ,C9 with D added and Dsus4 Dsus, .
Not knowing the game I can't write another verse maybe it doesn't need it. Hope this is of use to you.
Trevor.

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!