Topic: Bankrupt?????

Hi all, Did you all read or hear the news about Gibson Guitars yesterday? I sure hope the restructuring works as there are a lot of people depending on Gibson for their employment. The company has been around since 1894 and folks, ..... that's a lot of guitars! You know, I was thinking, if we all went and bought one,..... they are an icon ya know......., an American icon...., and I'm not saying buy 2 or 3, just 1,......., is it time to shut up yet?........., LOL...., Your friend, Trevor Calhoun.
     P.S.   I really hope things work out well for them.

Re: Bankrupt?????

Yes I was reading about that in one of the papers today. The article gave a long list of artists who used Gibson, then showed a picture of Clapton playing a strat

Thick as two short planks

Trump is always on about American jobs, he could make a name for himself by buying one each for all the White House staff...lol

I won't get one because I don't like the flat, thick neck not because I want to see Gibson to bust, though I wouldn't mind a top end acoustic....

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

Trump is always on about American jobs, he could make a name for himself by buying one each for all the White House staff...lol

I won't get one because I don't like the flat, thick neck not because I want to see Gibson to bust, though I wouldn't mind a top end acoustic....

Phill my Les Paul has one of the finest and fastest necks I have ever played but it still comes down to personal choice it still has to feel right for whoever plays it and I would like a nice hummingbird but it costs as much as a small compact car.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

5 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-05-03 11:21:40)

No company is immune from the changing forces of the global economy. We've had a couple of discussion threads in recent months about Gibson's financial woes, and like them or not, there are an ever-increasing number of lower-cost / high-quality manufacturers in the guitar business from all over the planet. The whole thing reminds me of a quote from Agent Smith in "The Matrix":

https://farm8.static.flickr.com/7308/11436572504_ec9ceb69c5_b.jpg