Topic: Jazz?

Jan asked me to write her a jazz song,well how the hell do ya do that i thought.
anyway i banged out this thing,off the cuff of course only meant to be a guide
for Jan.
https://soundcloud.com/rough-as-gut/this-romantic-fool

The King Of Audio Torture

2 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2018-06-11 03:17:06)

Re: Jazz?

Here's what I wrote on SoundCloud: Those chords sound jazzy, Brian and the voice sounds like a guy sitting in a bar at 3 am with only one couple left dancing. Yep. I definitely feel like you got the "feel" of what Jan wants! smile Nice little tune, you "Romantic Fool". LOL! smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

As I told you already, you did a great job of this song easybeat, well done, you nailed it all by yourself smile Definitely a jazzy sound.

Yep I offered to do one of your jazz songs for you but just to clarify,  you will need to write the lyrics out and send me the chords and even better if it you send a recording of you playing just the guitar so I can sing to it.   So you won`t be able to do a one off this time smile  you will need to actually write the chords and lyrics down (now from what you told me already, that will be a challenge in a half lol )  wink big_smile  lol

And no worries, I find it a challenge and half even writing a song full stop!!!

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Love that Jazzy feel you got going there. I would love to hear a track with your guitar and Jandle singing.

Peatle Jville wrote:

Love that Jazzy feel you got going there. I would love to hear a track with your guitar and Jandle singing.

Ditto! That would sound awesome!

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Here's what I wrote on SoundCloud: Those chords sound jazzy, Brian and the voice sounds like a guy sitting in a bar at 3 am with only one couple left dancing. Yep. I definitely feel like you got the "feel" of what Jan wants! smile Nice little tune, you "Romantic Fool". LOL! smile

Bill
if i was singing in a bar i`d be lucky to have that one couple there.
they don`t call me The king of audio torture for nothing!

The King Of Audio Torture

Brian, you are too modest. my friend. That was an awesome tune with a definite jazz flavor and I liked it. They don't call me  "Musicator Extraordinaire" for nothing! smile

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com