Topic: Happy

Like many of us on Chrodie, I am hurting for my friend Beamer. I wrote this for him to help him cope while he is riding through the storm he's living.

Happy By Jeff Gilpin

Written somewhere around the middle of October, 2018

intro

strumming G then D7

verse1

[G]When I was a little baby

Laying in my momma’s arms

She swore that when she looked into my [G7]face

I looked so [C]happy,

Happy as I could [G]be,

And when[D]ever she ever thought of [C]happy

She’d think of [G]me. [D7]

verse 2

I grew up in the mountains

Of western North Caroline.

I spent my early youth

Running through the woods because

That made me happy,

More happy than anything.

Now living off in the mountains one day

Will always be my dream.

verse 3

Now a days life and

Every big and little thing

Will weigh upon my mind,

And make me want to scream,

And I’m not happy,

But I find if I try

I can find some happiness and

Drag it back from days gone by.

verse 4 - for you Scott

Now Scott, I know you’re going

Through a really difficult time.

I wish there was a way I could

Get you back where that you are happy,

But you know that's for you find.

So find that happy place that’s your's,

Hidden deep somewhere in your mind.

verse 5 - ending

Now come on get [G]happy!

Come on get [G]happy!

Come on get happy, [G]and

Let those bad times come to an [G7]end,

And once you [D7]re-find that happy place that’s [C7]your’s

You can start to live again! [G7]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Happy

Uploaded if you want to hear how it goes: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/happy     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Jeff I love the message and the story in your song.  Your emotional connection with nature and the importance for all of us to find  that happy place in our minds. For me when I have gone through a dark moment recalling  places where I was happy from my past uplift me.  It was a good listen on soundcloud for me excellent.     

Thanks Pete. One of the toughest lessons I ever learned was in finding a way to move forward when I thought my world was over. This song touches on a big part of that lesson.     

J  E  T  S

Jeff,
thank you so much for this.  the words and concern you have been sending me are invaluable.  For two guys who have never met in the same room, you have become a very great friend indeed.  I write this for all in CHORDIE. to see because family comes in all forms.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Hey Scott - Sorry we never got to cross paths back in our Asheville days. No doubt we'll get the chance to meet one day. I hope the song helps. Thanks for your kind words too.     

J  E  T  S

jets60, well written, enjoyed listening to it very much.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Thanks Jan. Maybe you can Uke Happy! smile     

J  E  T  S