Topic: Back in the Smoky Mountains

I wrote this a while back and finally got around to recording it. It plays pretty simple, verse chords are DFCG  a couple of times for each verse and then the intro chords of CGFD - CGFG after playing 2 verses...finish just on repeating the first verse again but throw in a D at the end, after the final G chord.

https://soundcloud.com/jets60/back-in-t … -mountains

Back in the Smoky Mountains By Jeff G

1/2/2016

Intro – C G F D - C G F G

[D]I went and [F]left my girl

[C]Back in the smoky [G]mountains

[D]Of all the [F]things that I done

[C]That one takes the [G]cake

For ‘bout near all my life

Since I’ve left those mountains

I feel like I’ve been hamstrung

And happiness I fake

C G F D – C G F G

For she was pretty as

The sunset in the springtime

Sweeter than mountain moonshine

My fondest memory

And though I’ve been away

My memories grow fonder

Of all my time down yonder

And I still long to see

C G F D – C G F G

So now I’m of a mind

To go back there to see her

Refresh my fading picture

To see what time has done

And when I gaze upon

That smoky mountain beauty

I know that she’ll still be

She’ll be my only one

C G F D – C G F G

Repeat 1st Verse…end on D.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Back in the Smoky Mountains

Jets
another nice song from you,i guess chordians love this kinda love song.
But i much prefer when you do that conversational folk style that is unique to you.     

The King Of Audio Torture

I can feel the love of nature and a pretty lady who someone has made the mistake of not realising what they had. Great song. Jeff you paint vivid pictures with your songs,,     

Thanks for your comments EB and Pete. EB I hear you. This song is not like some of the songs I've written lately. Pete - I know the song lyrics talks about the girl that was left behind, but really to me the girl that was left is the mountains, or that place where you grew up and remember fondly from long ago. But the dream of going back is just a dream because in reality you can't really go back there, to the place from your past, because if you do you'll find a much different place. The place you remember will have changed and is nothing like what you remember.     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Wow! Love it! Made me a bit sad, for the regret in hear in this song.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Thanks Jan. It is a bit a sad song with with regret. Folks may be able to relate to the "You Can't go Home Again" aspect..     

J  E  T  S