1 (edited by easybeat 2018-12-19 23:15:34)

Topic: Sharing Christmas With You

Hey guys i`ve got the words,any idea for chords that may work with this?
`Sharing Christmas With You`
I`m happy i`ll being seeing you at Christmas
So glad that i`ll be seeing you again
I know santa will leave you some thing
Wrapped up  and left beneath my Christmas tree
Christmas day i`ll be cooking in the kitchen
All the traditional food
in the traditional way
We`ll raise our glasses at the dinner table
to celebrate  good fortune
on this christmas day
Looking forward to sharing
this christmas with you

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Sharing Christmas With You

easybeat some very nice words and ideas.  Here  are some ideas of chords:

G  am G
am gm bm
am C  E
bm   am  C

repeat as needed.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Classical Guitar wrote:

easybeat some very nice words and ideas.  Here  are some ideas of chords:

G  am G
am gm bm
am C  E
bm   am  C

repeat as needed.

Thanks CS,i`ll have a crack at that.
Usually when a song comes to me the feel/chords come too, but not with this one.
In my head i hear this as a kinda Nat King Cole thing.     

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-12-20 07:12:30)

EB  I can imagine you doing a Nat King Cole song  your voice will be perfect.  I couldnt come up with chords just these  hopefully funny  Nat King Cole type lyrics.             
                                                                                                                                          Rambing Rose on a Reindeers Nose.
                                                                                                                                          What I  want for Christmas, heaven knows .                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                         Wild  wind-blowing, on the Reindeers nose  .
                                                                                                                                      Here in New Zealand it aint snowing heaven knows..
                                                                                                                                                I love my family  yes heaven knows.
Now if that doesnt work how about a Rambing Crosby song         

I'm Dreaming Of A Hot Christmas.
With lots of  Ram Bling for my  Rose.

Peatle Jville wrote:

EB  I can imagine you doing a Nat King Cole song  your voice will be perfect.  I couldnt come up with chords just these  hopefully funny  Nat King Cole type lyrics.             
                                                                                                                                          What I  want for Christmas, heaven knows .                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                         Wild  wind-blowing, on the Reindeers nose  .
                                                                                                                                      Here in New Zealand it aint snowing heaven knows..
                                                                                                                                                I love my family  yes heaven knows.
Now if that doesnt work how about a Rambing Crosby song         

I'm Dreaming Of A Hot Christmas.
With lots of  Ram Bling for my  Rose.

Hey Pete ,have you had a couple of christmas beers?     

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-12-20 10:37:08)

EB no I am just trying a bit humour. Friday is my next beer. I hardly ever have a beer between Monday and Thursday. Next Tuesday will be an exception.. I dont post after a few beers.     "Those lyrics  I wrote are me having a play on "Ramblin' Rose" a famous Nat King Cole song.. White Christmas a Bing Crosby is the other one,
This is why I mentioned Nat King Cole  after your post mentioned Nat King Cole.
. Thanks CS,i`ll have a crack at that.
Usually when a song comes to me the feel/chords come too, but not with this one.
In my head i hear this as a kinda Nat King Cole thing.

Peatle Jville wrote:

EB no I am just trying a bit humour. Friday is my next beer. I hardly ever have a beer between Monday and Thursday. Next Tuesday will be an exception.. I dont post after a few beers.

Maybe you should, with all the detritus the politicians are dumping on us I for one could do with a good laugh...ho ho ho!

Had a quick strum last night, I'll have another go over the weekend and see what comes up.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Cheers Phill the UK political power  seems to be in a mess. Glad you got my humour.     

Phill Williams wrote:
Peatle Jville wrote:

EB no I am just trying a bit humour. Friday is my next beer. I hardly ever have a beer between Monday and Thursday. Next Tuesday will be an exception.. I dont post after a few beers.

Maybe you should, with all the detritus the politicians are dumping on us I for one could do with a good laugh...ho ho ho!

Had a quick strum last night, I'll have another go over the weekend and see what comes up.

Hey that would be fantastic Phill.
would love to hear what you come up with,i hope to record it today.
B.     

10 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-12-20 21:35:38)

You'll be sending me hate-mail for even saying this, but for whatever reason I thought of Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" when I read this. tongue So that would be my only suggestion: at all costs, avoid having it sound like Mariah's song. Her voice reminds me of someone taking a cheese grater to a piece of angle iron ... your song deserves better.

Tenement Funster wrote:

You'll be sending me hate-mail for even saying this, but for whatever reason I thought of Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" when I read this. tongue So that would be my only suggestion: at all costs, avoid having it sound like Mariah's song. Her voice reminds me of someone taking a cheese grater to a piece of angle iron ... your song deserves better.

My voice can strip paint,eat ya heart out Mariah.