1 (edited by TIGLJK 2019-08-24 15:40:15)

Topic: Here I Stand

Song about needing love... a slight bit of reference to Martin Luther ( 1521) in the first chorus line smile

Here I StandJim Kenyon

[Em]There’s no place to hide to ease my pain, like [G] running down the road in a pouring rain

[D]embraced by the shadow of soft moonlight, l’m [Em] looking for someone to make life right

[Em]They tell me that wisdom comes over time, and to [G]just have faith in this heart of mine

[D]But I can’t wait no longer, I need help now, need to[Em] find a love and survive somehow

Chorus

[Em]So here I stand, yeah here I stand, like [G]many years ago in a different land

[D]here I stand, yeah here I stand, oh I’m [Em]waiting for you to take me by the hand

[Em]So here I stand, here I stand, just [G]looking for someone that can understand

[D]Oh here I stand, here I stand,I’m [Em]waiting for love in the[D] promised [Em]land

[Em]Thinking about the day when the ache is gone, it’s the [G] dream that I’ve been working on

[D]I’ve searched my soul, looking for an answer, I [Em]hear the music but I’ve got no dancer

[Em]Hoping for a lover to keep me warm,and [G]bring me some shelter from this storm

[D]There’s no telling what tomorrow brings, but [Em]I want to be somebody's everything

Bridge

[Am]so here I stand..........waiting for a sign

[Em] here I stand.........put your lips on mine

[Am]here I stand ............. needing something new

and [B7] here I stand............. waiting for a love like [Em]you

solo through the chords again into the chorus...

Chorus

[Em]So here I stand, yeah here I stand, like [G]many years ago in a different land

[D]here I stand, yeah here I stand, oh I’m [Em]waiting for you to take me by the hand

[Em]So here I stand, here I stand, just [G]looking for someone that can understand

[D]Oh here I stand, here I stand,I’m [Em]waiting for love in the[D] promised [Em]land

outgo, little slower....

[D]Oh here I stand, here I stand,I’m [Em]waiting for a trip to the[D] promised [Em]land

Slow ending

[D]here I stand, yeah here I stand, oh I’m [Em]waiting for you to take me [D]by the [Em]hand

[D]no matter how long it takes, I'm gonna [Em] stand til I reach the [D] promised [Em]and.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Here I Stand

A beautiful Song Jim,
Sad, yet beautiful.

Im climbing out of that hole. and i like what i am seeing so far.  I also see the true nature of the one i was trying so hard to keep.  Once the realization lights up, it really does start getting better.

KEEP THE FAITH.

BEAMER     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thanks Beamer !

I hope to record it and post it sometime in the near future.
It's my first attempt at writing a song with a bridge in it, so I'm kinda trial and error editing it as I go.
Thanks for your kind words and I hope that now that you have found a new " dancer" things will fall in place.
I really didn't have you in mind when I wrote it, but now that i think about it and consider your former posts, it does seem to fit the history.
Best wishes to you.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Very good song, TIG. I've read a fair bit of Martin Luther's work, including his Ninety-Five Theses, which he nailed to the door of the All Saints Church in Wittenburg in 1517. Whatever a person might think of his beliefs, there's no denying that he's had a profound impact on European and North American culture, right up to this day.     

I've said it before and I'll say it again; you have a great way with words. I like the fact that you're experimenting with a bridge. Getting a story across can be boring for the listener, so I like to keep them guessing. They should never know what's coming next.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

TF and Phill

Thank you for your kind words.

I actually like to play this song, it has a good rhythm to it and the chords are easy.

It came about bc I was reading a book called Leaders  and it compared Martin Luther and Martin Luther King,Jr.
The phrase " here I stand"  just resounds with opening one's self to everything that can be thrown at them - even in love.

again, TY for your positive comments.

Jim     

I moved the bridge placement  - much better  fit.     

8 (edited by unclejoesband 2019-08-14 23:36:10)

TIGLJK wrote:

Thanks Beamer !

I hope to record it and post it sometime in the near future.

Jim

Better yet; why don't you pop up to Syracuse this weekend and debut it live? A few of us could play along.

Just sayin' smile

Hey Jim - Just gave it a ride. Very nice song. Plays well too...I bet Beamer could make it scream too

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C