1 (edited by TIGLJK 2020-06-08 12:06:15)

Topic: New Song - The Creation

I was sitting in my backyard admiring the trees and  flowers, listening to and watching all the birds with my grandson.
I thought even in these miserable Covid times - I am still so blessed. After my grandson left I picked up my guitar and started playing around with some lyrics and came up with this. I think the tempo is about 120 BPM - but what do I know about music ?  :)

The Creation by Jim Kenyon

[G]On the first day when God created Earth in all its beauty and [D]all its worth

[D]In all its worth for all to see, he the created the Earth for [G]you and me

[G]Next was the sun with rays so bright, lit up the sky with [D]Heavenly light

[D]Oh, Heavenly light so all could see, beautiful creatures [G] living free

[G]Then came the night with clouds passing by, stars and the moon shining [D]in the sky

[D]’Shining in the sky oh so bright, angelic ’s beauty til the [G] morning light

Chorus

Oh [C]God Created [G]heaven [C]and [G]Earth, gave [D]every living thing a [G]heavenly birth

Oh [C]in all his glory from[G] up[C]a[G]bove, he [D]still watches over with [C]all his [G] love

[G]Then came the land, and the seven seas, animals and fish living [D]as they please

[D]Living as they please,it was so nice, yeah God had created a [G]paradise

[G]God put Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, gave them everything that [D]they’d be needing

[D]Oh he gave them everything they required , just about anything their [G]heart’s desired

[G] On the seventh day he sat back and took a rest, thought that the world was [D] truly blessed

[D] yeah the world was blessed and looking fine, he said now take care of this [G]world of mine

Chorus

Oh [C]God Created [G]heaven [C]and [G]Earth, gave [D]every living thing a [G]heavenly birth

Oh [C]in all his glory from[G] up[C]a[G]bove, he [D]still watches over with [C]all his [G] love

Yeah he [D]stillwatches over with [C]all his [G] love

play slow

[D]still watches over with [C]all his [G] love

hit each string on this last G

[D]still watches over with [C]all his [G] love

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: New Song - The Creation

Hey Jim - I really enjoyed that. As a fellow grandfather I can appreciate and understand the back story too. I'm looking forward to hearing it.     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: New Song - The Creation

I too am a grandfather and great grandfather so I agree with Jeff and you about the joy they bring. As I grew up in the countryside I can also go along with your nature sentiments. I won't go any further than that! Sorry.

Your song, the wording and metre are superb as usual and in my imagination I can hear it being sung by a gospel choir. I hope you can get one to do this the justice it deserves.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.