1 (edited by TIGLJK 2021-01-17 19:42:03)

Topic: Prince Edward Island

Last night I was just looking at pictures of beautiful places on the internet and Prince Edward Island popped up. I've never been there but somehow it struck me that it was such a beautiful place that is would be a place you could lose a love to.  I really can't explain how it evolved into this - it's just the thoughts and words that came to mind as I looked at pictures of this beautiful island in Canada.

Hope you like it - all comments are appreciated smile

Prince Edward Island/One More Dance by Jim Kenyon

Verse 1

[Am]I’ve never been to Prince Edward Island

but I [Em] hear it’s pretty there in the fall

she [Am]left for there about a year ago

and [F]I’m still waiting for [Em]her to [AM]call

Verse 2

[Am]She’s just like Prince Edward Island

With its [Em] tide that ebbs and flows

So [Am] beautiful, yet so far away

She’s [F]like the wind that [Em]comes and [Am]goes

Chorus

[F]Heartache with time will go away

At [C] least that’s what the poet’s say

But I [F]keep on wishing for one more chance

And [G]one more kiss, and [F]just one more [C] dance

instrumental

[Am][Em][Am] [F][Em] [Am]

Verse 3

[Am]so far away on Prince Edward Island

I [Em]wonder if she remembers me

like [Am] rain gone from yesterday

am [F]I just another [Em] faded memo[Am]ry

Chorus

[F]Heartache with time will go away

At [C] least that’s what the poet’s say

But I [F]keep on wishing for one more chance

And [G]one more kiss, and [F] just one more [C] dance

[G]One more kiss, and [F] just one more [C] dance

Oh [G]One more kiss, and [F] just one more [C] dance

Thanks and Cheers

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Prince Edward Island

I wish I could look at a photo and produce a song just like that.
I am a bit envious.     

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

you got a new job as tourist promoter for Prince Edward Island Jim?
It's a cracking song which wouldn't go amiss on a tourist brochure or a poem. You might want to revise your 3rd verse a little, it doesn't  flow as good as the other verses and chorus, that's my only criticism and it's not a biggie.

try;
So far away Prince Edward Island.
I wonder if she remembers me?
Like yesterdays rain that's gone
Am I just another faded memory.

just a suggestion.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

4 (edited by TIGLJK 2021-01-17 19:40:19)

Thanks Trevor
Sometimes stuff just strikes me for some reason I can’t explain
On the other side of the coin- I can’t sing for beans and my playing ability is elementary  so I guess it's a wash. smile

Phill
Thanks for the input, I see what you mean
I just made a couple changes.  I left the line in about the rain from yesterday, only shortened as you advised. 
I like "yesterday" rather than "today" b/c I think it relates more to the fact that she too has been gone. I think now it fits better though !
Thanks

PS. I’m not a travel promoter- but I think that place is on my bucket list - it looks wonderful. I wonder if anyone here on chord or is from there?

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

That's a keeper Jim . I especially like the lines  "She's just like Prince Edward Island with its tide that ebbs and flows". and "Like the rain that's gone from yesterday am I just another memory".   I'm always drawn to songs that use nature as a metaphor for human emotions.     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-01-17 20:12:12)

Jim, I have never been to Prince Edward Island I just read it being described as a land cradled in the waves. I also see another one of its informal names is "Garden of the Gulf", referring to the pastoral scenery and lush agricultural lands. Prince Edward Island geography looking at it on the internet, has an evocative  romance of its own in the same  way your song  of lost love, brings that out the romance of that place. I was thinking it is most probably somewhere on the same coast of Canada  where some legends of Chordie live, Tenement  Funster and Bad Eye our Nova Scotia representatives. Excellent  lyric writing Jim..

Thank you Ken.  I like that type of metaphor as well.

Peatle
Thanks for the comment, I thought I remembered that there might be  chordie members from Canada.
Two of the places that looked really nice were Charlottetown and  Avonlea ( Home of Anne of Green Gables) smile

JIm