Topic: Can I Come Back? I Have Missed Y'all

Hello Chordie Family,

So many things have happened with many to do with mine and Dondra's health - both physical and mental, but I'll wait on your decision and what you might have to say to me.

Thanks

Bill 

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Can I Come Back? I Have Missed Y'all

Hi Bill, we've missed you too, in a big way! When ever you're ready to pop in I for one will be waiting. Here's hoping you're well and thinking of joining in soon.

Phill     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

welcome back buddy, dont need to ask for my permission     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Bill and Dondra

So wonderful to hear this news.
I too wish you and Dondra excellent health and welcome you back at the time of your choosing.

I am thrilled - I really have missed your interactions and wisdom.

Looking forward to more !

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Great to see you back Bill,its been very quiet without you.
many of us had stopped posting as no one wanted to converse
you where always good for a conversation and always replied.     

The King Of Audio Torture

We missed you Bill, Dondra too!  Sent you a couple of e-mails without reply and naturally was concerned, even tried your grandson but could not come up with an address for him.
Nice to hear from you buddy, it's been lonely out here in covid-land without your conversations.     

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Welcome back Bill hardly a week goes by when I wonder what has happened to Bill and Dondra. I look forward to hearing more from you
Love to you and your family.
Maree and Pete     

8 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2021-07-20 01:42:49)

To not belabor the point, the health of both us has taken a downturn. Dondra is prone to falling because of her stroke and bangs herself up pretty royally sometimes.

Me - well, I'm not sure if I told anyone here, but I have prostate cancer which is responding to radiation treatments. The Hospital I use CTCA (Cancer Treatment Centers) treats the total patient, so anything I need in the way of a procedure gets done there. No more trips all around town.

The guitars, mike and amps are packed away for the day when I will once again have enough energy to sit and play, but right now, it's just not happening.

I debated with myself over whether to come forward with this news, but you all have just been too kind to me to keep you wondering and guessing. All the gifts ever presented me here whether tangible or intangible are still with me and always will be.

I can't say if I'll be here at the rate I was before, but I'll be here all I can

Thanks and we love you!

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I am so pleased to see you back and wishing both you and Dondra the best of health and happiness. As you can see many of us have missed your presence and been concerned for your welfare so take care, stay safe and join in for a chat when you can.

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Welcome back Bill. I know I've already responded to this post but I was so saddened to hear of your troubles yet I know the spark is still strong in you both.
Give Dondra a hug from me and Ann.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Bill!!

Welcome back. So good to hear from you. Wishing you both well in all your trials.     

Friends, I have an idea. It may not appeal to all of you, but I'd like to give it a try if we can.

I have downloaded "Messenger" and am keeping it separate from my Facebook program. I have a webcam (a present from Dondra) and I would like to try out talking to each other that way if we can. I still have my Snowball mic or I can use the headphones which come with a mic. I may need a tutorial with one of you before we go "live", and I do not know how y'all feel about it, so how do you feel about it?

Thanks

Bill     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Great idea Bill,I`m sure Peatle would be interested too.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Welcome back Bill. My TZ might be wrong for a meeting, but keen if I can do it ...     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

YEP! smile     

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Bill I hope anyone that has been away will always be welcomed back with open arms. I could not have gotten where i am now on my guitar venture without chordie. Now you got to look around and search a bit but it's nice and catagorized, ( nice touch chordie) My songbook is still available which is awesome and the most important thing!!!!!!!! A great BIG THANK YOU to the ones responsible for keeping and updating chordie. I was once a young novice plucking and strumming and hoping one day i could belt out a tune..........well I can pluck and strum, thank you chordie!!!!!!!     

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!