1 (edited by Jikklop 2007-09-05 21:37:04)

Topic: Favourite Quotes

Hey,
Well, I have a few. Sadly enough, they're all really cheesy and most are from cheesy songs.
Oh well! big_smile

"So tell that someone that you love, just what you're thinking of, if tomorrow never comes." - Garth Brooks

"I hope you never lose your sense of wonder." - Ronan Keating

"Each restless heart beats so imperfectly. But when you come, and I am filled with wonder, sometimes I think, I glimpse eternity." - Josh Groban

"Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while. Heaven can wait, we're only watching the skies." - Youth Group

"Amigos para siempre means you'll always be my friend,
Amics per sempre means a love that cannot end,
Friends for life not just a summer or a spring,
Amigos para siempre." - Andrew Lloyd Webber

"I'm human, I'm mankind, perfectly flawed, I'm just like you" - Small Mercies

"This is going to test your head, your mind, and your brain." - Dewey Finn (School Of Rock)

"There are hundreds and hundreds of angels in this world: some are sleeping, some are praying, and one is reading this." - Random chain mail (I thought it was cute! tongue)

"I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself." - Dashboard Confessional

"You can't start a fire, sitting round crying over a broken heart
This gun's for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark
You can't start a fire, worrying about your little world falling apart
This gun's for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark" - Bruce Springsteen

Post yours! Be they funny, meaningful, or just insightful!

Jikklop

The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven't got the joke yet.

2 (edited by Zurf 2007-09-06 20:17:15)

Re: Favourite Quotes

I've seen incredible things in my years
Some days are laughter and others are tears" - Jimmy Buffett in "Landfall"

"I'm a man of steel, I can lift a ton
Lose the bandages, lose the pills
Get those boats on up the hill
Oh shit...  Dial 911"   - Ken "Dirty Ed" Willis in "Rich Kid Doctor"

I'll be back and edit in more.

- Zurf

"Well you can't see where you're going in the pouring rain,
when you're running into walls and feeling no pain.
We've all done time with the devil.  And I've done mine.
It took a while to get here, but I'm right on time."
- "Right on Time" composed by Sharon Vaughan and Al Anderson, sung by Randy Travis

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt,
When I do my little turn on the catwalk, on the catwalk..... (RightSaidFred)

I'm up at the dawn, at the crack of dawn, I've been workin' like a regular dog, to keep the woman and  the lights and the water and the phone turned on. I've been sayin' "yes sir" all day at work, I been sayin' "yes ma'am" at home. I been storin' up the [f ] you's, keepin' 'em a under my tongue.....(David Allan Coe)

Is it Pet Smart, or Pets Mart ? ...(Larry The Cable Guy)

Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from its readiness to fit in with our instinctual wishful impulses. (Sigmund Freud)

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.(Frank Zappa)

The fear of God is not the beginning of wisdom.
The fear of God is the death of wisdom.
Skepticism and doubt lead to study and investigation, and investigation is the beginning of wisdom.
The modern world is the child of doubt and inquiry, as the ancient world was the child of fear and faith.(Clarence Darrow)

Peace,SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

I love this kind of Stuff!

If you want to make a Man Happy, Do not add to his possessions, But subtract from His Desires!

When a Man has a" Pet Peeve" Its remarkable how often he Pets it!

Hate is a prolonged manner of Suicide!

A Teacher affects Eternity,He can never tell where his influnce stops!

A partnership with God is Motherhood!

The coin of Gods Realm is Love!

Faults are Thick when Love is Thin'

The Bible is a guide book, The way to Master it? Is to let it Master us!  { These quotes above are all Unknown }

Oscar Wilde!

"For him there is but one time, the artistic moment; but one law, the law of form; but one land, the land of Beauty--a land removed indeed from the real world yet more sensuous because more enduring; calm, yet with that calm which dwells in the faces of Greek statues, the calm which comes not from the rejection but the absorption of passion."

Jikklop!
"I hope you never lose your sense of wonder." - Ronan Keating!

"Hooshie Booshie", as we call him here, is One of my favourite songs to sing! Ronan is a remarkable Young Man! He has helped  greatly by Giving and Fund raising for Breast Cancer, for these unfortunate woman and men with this disease!

Barróga agus Póga Ronan! Your a Pet!

{ Ministers and Goverment Officials, For Health in Ireland, Shame on you all}

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

"Some High society lady, said is you're horse outside? Well no mam he's between my legs but you're too fat to ride..." -Hank Williams Jr.

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"- Kris Kristofferson

"Take no thought for the morrow, sufficient unto the day are the evils thereof." - That one's from the Bible, always thought it was a catchy little piece of advice....

"Well I was born in Nashville but I left there long ago, cuz they built music city by sacrificing soul, And L.A. aint much different 'cept they got those fancy clothes...."-Shooter Jennings

If I think of some more I'll post 'em later. Nice topic Jikklop, take it easy smile

All You Need is Love smile

"It's nice to be important but its far more important to be nice."  Anon

"Lets do some living after we die."  The Rolling Stones.

"Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes;
God bless little children while theyre still too young to hate."  Tom T Hall

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings"

"Cant take it with you when youre gone.
But I want enough to get there on.
And I aint ever growin old.
So, I keep on rollin with the flow.."  Charlie Rich

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"

"I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers"

"Umm......."   Me.

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

The quote in my signature

I find it hard, it's hard to find, oh well whatever, nevermind -Kurt Cobain

Statistics always remind me of the fellow who drowned in a river where the average depth was only 3 feet. -Woody hayes

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. -a million people

Just a few

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

8 (edited by Jikklop 2007-09-07 12:22:50)

Hey,
These are all pretty cool!
Don, that friendship one is almost intelligent! I applaud you.
Old Doll, yeah Ronan Keating is amazing. The rest of that verse in that song is pretty too.
Wish I could be like him in some ways!
I got another:
"Life is too important to take seriously" - Oscar Wilde

Jikklop

The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven't got the joke yet.

9 (edited by Zurf 2007-09-07 16:03:05)

Another statistics quote.  I heard it from my old boss, who held a doctorate in Statistics.  "A statistician is a person who will tell you that if you've got your head in an oven and your feet on a block of ice that you'll be fine." 

Some from my Pap-pap (that's hillbilly for paternal grandfather):
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.  (That one's in my signature block.  It may help to understand his meaning if you know that he was a stone mason.)

If it won't go, don't force it.

It's on your plate, eat it.  (This was not applied to dinner, but in overcoming adversity or accomplishing unpleasant obligations.) 

Walk it off.  (This one was literal, he walked anywhere that was less than five miles away.  He didn't think there were many problems in life that couldn't be solved with a good walk - and he was a man who knew problems and hardship.) 

Some from my gram (maternal grandmother):
There you have it.  (usually said just after an obvious conclusion to events.  Or rather obvious to everyone but the knucklehead who decided to do whatever stupid thing had the predictable poor result.)

Don't enumerate upon your juvenile poultry until the proper process has fully matriculated.

From a cartoon my Mom sent me when I earned an Economics degree:
"If you took all the economists in the world and laid them end to end, you still wouldn't reach a conclusion." 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

How about:

"That's dryer than last years birdsnest"

"Have'nt seen a Brinks truck behind a hearse yet"

"Older than dirt and just as dusty"

Just a couple favorite sayings'

...Badeye.

one caper after another

"People forget that all you really need is good melodies, three chords and the truth."
– Matt Friction of the pink spiders

“Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.â€
-someone

"Time it passes and it tells us what we're left with
We become the things we do
Me, I'm a fool spent from defiance, yeah you got me but
I didn't give up on you"
- Third Eye Blind 'Blinded'

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on"
- zeppelin 'stairway'

there's more i cant think of right now...might post em later

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Okay here's some more I know...

'if i leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me?' - Ronnie Van Zant... always thought this one was cool given his untimely death

' there aint no good chain gang'- some advice from Waylon and Johnny smile

"Just a deck of cards, and a jug of wine, and a woman's lies makes a life like mine.' - Hank Williams Sr.

'You might change your mind, cuz weeds are high where corn dont grow' - Waylon Jennings

'a hunert and ten miles aint much distance,
but it shore do make a difference
I dont think she loves me anymore...." - Roger Miller, always thought this one was funny

'its a pretty sorry dog won't wag his own tail'- my great grandma Vada May

'You can't fix stupid.' - Ron White

All You Need is Love smile

well lets see...

gimme a chocolate late so i can cry in it-some random person i was talking to

and of course my signature hehe

So Red Delicious

Woody Gutherie once said...." If you are playing more than two chords then you are just showing off "

what a long strange trip it's been

I have some quotes, somewhere, but there is one I'll never forget: Sammy Davis Jr. telliing how bad it is to be BLACK and JEWISH.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hey,
I know this topic's kinda dead but, I just heard this from my friend:
"Why do they call those American troops 'peacemakers' when they hold a gun?"
Sorry if that was controversial. I thought it was good.

Jikklop

Here's mine, you might recognise a few (BTW I've left out the names accidentaly)

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand"

"A road twice travelled is never as long"

"Citius, Altius, Fortius" [Faster, Higher, Stronger]

What's another word for Thesaurus?!

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven."

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life— It goes on."

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared"

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant."

"With great power comes great responsibility"

"Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you're alive, it isn't."

"Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live."

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."

[url=http://www.vizter.com]www.vizter.com[/url] - another great (martial art) forum

how about "power corrupts, absolute power is actually pretty cool"

I'm the son of rage and love

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.
If atheism is a religion, then health is a disease!
If you believe in Jesus, and on a day you meet him in person, you stop to believe, because he exists. The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike. .
There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called “the Dark Ages†.
Organized Religion is like Organized Crime; it preys on peoples’ weakness, generates huge profits for its operators, and is almost impossible to eradicate.
The same sun that melts butter hardens clay.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

It's not where you go when you die,
it's how you live when you're alive,
who you  touch, and how you feel it.
And its not about the time that you have,
its how you cry, and how you laugh,
who you love, and how you mean it.
And do you mean it.    Jack Savoretti.....Dr Frankenstein.

I love quotations and sayings and have a book full that I have collected, the above words from Jack S song tho I think are really beautiful. He's great, my latest hero, check him out.
Impossible to find chords for his songs tho'.
smile

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3