Topic: A woman's place

this has been changed from the original one I wrote about 18 years ago, before I even played the guitar. The main gist of the song is still here.
Very first lyrics I wrote. My mates wee bro done the guitar at the time for it and unless I am singing it in a different key I tihnk the chords are the same, or I have changed the whole song and rewrote a new song from an old one.
It is not really about being male chauvanistic in a way. It can be about a daughter as well. About how kids ( even older kids staying with their parents) take everything for granted, how they cannot do things for themselves. So, no, this is nothing to do with my personal life.

A woman's placetraditional male chauvinistic song

by Ken Godwin ( a self confessed male chauvinistic pig)

D G A                chorus    G D G D G A

H[D]ey mum what ye do[G]ing, th[D]eres work to be d[A]one

Wa[D]ken up g[G]et out of bed, c[A]ant you see the sun

I[D] need a s[G]hirt ironed a[D]nd my trousers t[A]oo

Do[D]nt wash my wh[G]ites with any colours o[A]r the air will turn blue

A[G] woman’s place is [D]in the home.

C[G]leaning up after m[D]e

A w[G]omans’s place is [D]in the home

D[A]oing work for free

Hey mum don’t you know it, I’m gonna be late

Better hurry up and get my breakfast don’t make me wait

I hope you done some shopping, I’m needing fed

I want scrambled eggs and cereal, don’t want  no bread

A woman’s place is in the home

Cooking and slaving for me

A woman's place is in the home

Doing work for free

Break ( verse ) [D] [D] [G] [A]

Hey mum what ye watching? I need my dinner now

Stop watching  tv stop it now, stop acting a lazy cow

Don’t undercook it or burn it, you know I might throw up

I want my favourite dinner and a cup of tea in my cup

A woman’s place is in the home

Cleaning up after me

A woman's place is in the home

Doing work for free

Hey mum what ye sayin? ye cant go on no more

Don’t be silly  carry on, ye cant walk out the door

Who will wash my laundry? Who will cook my food?

Who will do all my work for me? I’m sorry if I sound rude

But

REPEAT TWO DIFFERENT CHORUS

END

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: A woman's place

still something wrong.

I tried spacing those verses out but they did not space out.

well upyerkilt, its well scribed, but i think it may get a lot of comments from the mothers on here ,a mothers work is harder than my manual job because they are at it 24/7 ,
'''they should get a blooming medal'''

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Got to agree with DaddyCool !. But much harsher.. A song like this would ruin a career !.   I am new here, but i suspect this was a song written in jest to spark conflict..  JMO    Peace..

lol daddy, I totally agree with you, they all should as should some fathers ( like me)

My wife gave me a "oh god not that song again" sort of look. I played this to her 13 years ago and i think that was maybe the last time until this wee i done it again.

And hi legate, Thanks fopr the comment on daddy where did you go. And this song is not to start a conflict.
Dont normally get many conflicts on chordie.

Hope you enjoy the site and add to the forum either for helping people, asking questions, sharing an odd song or two you have written etc, or just for general chit chat in the section for chitty chatting.

hope you find your way around ok on the site. A few things to remember that are often asked.
Since this site acts as a sort of search engine you cannot post other artists songs straight on, but you can direct from other sites to chordie.
you can make up songbooks of songs you like and make them private or public to share with others.

Any prbs just ask in the "about chordie" section or in any other relevany section

Cheers
KEn

OUCH!

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3

7 (edited by Old Doll 2007-09-15 17:31:21)

Hi UYK,
Im so dissapointed in you!  You left out the best line! "Barefoot and pregnant and tied to the kitchen Sink!!!" Also Mam any spare cash?.
I am going to send you my "Old home Economics Book. Something new for you to mull over!
You Know the white feather i mentioned this morning? well forget that! Ring
Mhebert for security! as i think your gonna need it "YOU GIT".

Legate! Dont worry about this guy, He is really a good un! Well Sometimes?

Well written I must say!UYK.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Now worries OLD DOLL, I'm just getting thru the new guy Jitters.  When i first read the song, i was actually thinking about my wife hearing me sing it..    We've been married 28 years and i have been performing in Houston for most of that time, but it wouldn't matter..  I would not walk out of my studio in once piece after singing that song.  LOL..   However, i still think its funny, and maybe i'll cover it on our aniverary !!     Peace.

this a great song. i dig your humor

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

SELSO!!

YOUR SO BOLD!

Old Doll.

Hi Ken,

I enjoyed playing and singing your song but as the only female around at the time was my cat it was perfectly safe to do so. I would not dare sing it otherwise lol.

Thank you (I think)

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

PMSl

Ah, this song gets the reaction I thought it would, apart from calling me a male chauvanistic @@@$%*&("$%*
Maybe my disclaimer before stopped lena ? lol

Lena, I was going to add all that in but it would make the song too long,lol

legate, this is a song you will have to play to your wife,even just to get a reaction.

Cheers selso, but humour? I am deadly serious ,lmao, ( also had a few beers tongiht)

And thanks roger, now go play it to your wife see what she says,

and for anyone else wanting to play this to their female partner, do it with a serious face, just so they get the message lmao,

I cannot stop laughing now. and I am glad my wife has just went to bed or she ight start thinking what I am writing is what I think she should be doing, well.........

Ken

UYk,
I have just come home! Had a great night! sixties/seventies music. Half the people there were dressed up as if it was that time! I spoke about your song on the forum! Hoots of laughter all round!

No thoughts about anything! Just a great night. See us Women we can do this! But you know what UYK?   Your still a GIT! AND YOUR FRIEND SELSO!
See you wife! She has the right idea! Just ignore you....She is secure enough to know where your coming from!   A woman after my own heart.
I wouldnt dream of calling you a Chauv,#######.!!  Rogers cat is right " Miow"
Cos i bet behind it all your a "BIG OLD PUSSYCAT" .

Have pleasant dreams sunshine, you have a long road ahead!!

Experienced Old Doll.

Hey UYK,
I have not long played your song to my 4 daughters and the reception I got was brilliant, to say the least.  Firstly I had to show them this site to prove that I didn't write it and secondly, and much more importantly. they LOVED it.  So well done..............Now there is a few women at work I might try it out on.........................
Well Done

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

Cheers Don, lol
I think I will show my wife this page and let her see that she really has to try harder around the house.pmsl

Old Doll, thanks, I know I am a git, but a lovable one,lol. Hope ye had a good time out, i was stuck in all night with a few beers and 2 good drams of whisky.

And now I think I will have to do something today while it is pouring down, record this song. take my time and make it sound good, add in a mandolin, add a uke and maybe an african drum. I feel like I should get the african drum in as the african women really do know how to do the housework, it will be a sort of nod to them,lol.

this could turn out to be one of my best ever creations, lol

Ken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3CVyekdr9A

ok this is it.

the video to a womans place.
took me three hours to record guitar, mandolin,uke and kazoo along with vocals and searching for all those pics and placing them in the right place.

Ken

Hi Again UYK.

SERIOUS? No! I love the banter!

Hey Son those spuds you peeled
Had half the skin left on
It seems I only thought you
To sit and write good songs.

This last song you wrote and sang
Was the nicest Eulogy
To woman all around the world
Who work like Honey Bees?

UYK, some years ago i was very ill. On one of my very down days, I remarked
to my Son, "If I keep feeling like this! I may not be around for Christmas?
His reply!
" Well will you cook all the Christmas Fare now, label it and freeze as we can't be without all our Festive Cheer.

We have great laugh in this house. I love my sons wit, and your blessed with it also.
Very Catchy Tune. Im gonna learn the words and sing it for the girletts.
Well done Sunshine.
Thanks also for using my shower Silhouette. Your such a thoughtful Son. TEHE.

Old Doll.

Hi Ken,

Just watched the video for this song, very good. I gave it maximum stars but only because you used Old Doll's silhouette in the shower for it lol.

By the way I cannot play it to the wife as I do not have one. Two ex ones but no current Mrs Guppy so I am perfectly safe.

Take care,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

cheers old doll and cheers roger.

lol
roger maybe you could seranade a 3rd mrs guppy with this song, just so she knows where she stands from early on ,lol

Ken

kind of reminds me of 'put another log on the fire' by tompall glaser

All You Need is Love smile