Topic: Hello, my name is David Legate !

I am a working musician in Houston Texas and have been a singer/songwriter for most of my life.. I just found this site today because i have just purchased a new computer..  Please tell me about this forum and where you are from !.. Do i have any other Texans  here ??..   I play a 12 string acoustic most of the time.. I have been playing the Houston area for over 20 years.    Peace..

Re: Hello, my name is David Legate !

Hi David & welcome to chordie!  This site is a great resource and the forum is a lively place.  There are some Texans here also - I'll let them introduce themselves.

This Songwriting forum is lots of fun.  We have regular contributors from the US, Britain, Ireland, Scotland, Portugal, Canada, and Australia - pretty much anywhere English is spoken.  I wrote songs for fun and post them here - when I get around to it, I record stuff and put it on my MySpace page.

Roger Guppy (another forum Moderator) has set up a 'Friends of Chordie' MySpace page for people who want to share recording but who don't have their own site.

Lots of very nice people here - look forward to getting to know you better.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

James. Thanks so much for the reply.. I was a member of "Guitar tabs.com" for a while but that seems to have dissapeard since i have gotten my new computer.  I have been perusing all the segments of this board today and this seems to be a site with a wealth of information..   I just finished a show last night doing my standard covers (Elton John, Bob Seger, Cat Stevens, Neil Young), ect and found this site..  I mostly post at night after a gig to help me wind down. Some of the songs i have seen written here are fantastic.. I look forward to talking to all of you..  Once again, James, thanks for responding to my post..     Peace...

yeah hi, I just gave a welcome speach after your comment to me in a womans place.

Welcome again

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

??? I am new to the board and i am confused..  Did i break some kind of protocol ??   I wouldn't want to offend the unofficial King of Scontland LOL..???       Peace..

Ok, i went back and found where you are comming from..  upyerkilt, i meant no disrepect at all. I was only commenting as a fellow songwriter. I actually found the song quite funny.. One that would get me slapped as soon as i sang in front of my wife.. I meant no disrespect, for it is not my style..  Now that i am here, i will be submitting my own songs and look forward to your critique..     Peace..

lol, no not at all. lol

no disrespect taken at all.

We sometimes put link to songs that are recorded too on youtube and myspace as james mentiioned.
I have a few of my own songs on youtube and tell everyone when i put them on.

If yer interested my user name is upyerkilt123 I think for youtube. I do some pink floyd songs and syd barrett too, but mostly I tihnk my own songs are on? maybe half and hlaf?

ok, just looked it is upyerkilt123 and here is a link in case yer as lazy as me and cannot be bothered typing things in to search ,lol

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=upyerkilt123

Ken

Cool, i checked out your website..  Its so weird for me to realize that i am chatting with people from across the planet.. I'm kinda new to all of this..  So, your from Scotland ?.

Hi Legate,

Welcome to Chordie! I noticed  nobody informed you of the secret Magnet that

Admin attache to you when you join this site?  You will need all sorts of people

to help you now with your life. You must now practise saying." Hi My name is Legate, I am addicted to Chordie! lol.

I look forward to hearing and reading your songs...

Enjoy! agus Fáilte.   {Welcome }

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thanks so much OLD DOLL,  with the formal greetings over, i will post my first song..  I will explain it on the songwriting forum..   Peace..

Well, i must be having navigational problems..  I am on the songwriters forum !!  LOL..   Peace

legate wrote:

Cool, i checked out your website..  Its so weird for me to realize that i am chatting with people from across the planet.. I'm kinda new to all of this..  So, your from Scotland ?.

yep I am, living next to loch lomond in Scotland, well a 10 minute walk away from the loch.

I was new to all this as well about 8 or 9 years ago and still remember the thoughts I had when talking to people in america, australia, singapore and even russia. Fetl really weird knowing I could type to someone from thousands and thousands of miles away, dont even know them personally but it is fun and educational sometimes to know how others think in parts of the wolrd.
the internet really does bring people closer together, and in this site which I consider to be one of the best forums i have been to for the community thing. hardly if any, an argument, not like ye get in all other forums i have seen. Probably because the main thing in here is music. heavy rock, country, folk, pop etc, it doesnt really matter as most play intruments or starting to and respect one another and along the way you can make "internet buddies" ( as oppossed to sex buddies,lol)

hope you stay around, I am sure you will find it is good hear to see advice and to give

all the best

Ken

Hey David - I'm not from Texas but my parents are and my mother still lives outside of Austin. I have tons of family in the Houston area as well. Pleased to meet you and I'm looking forward to seeing, hearing and playing some of your music.

Welcome!
Jeff/Jets

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi David,
I am resonably new here too and I love 'popping' in and reading whats happening here.  Welcome.  And hey, no, I am not from Texas but I have heard of it!!!! LOL

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

Hi David
Welcome to the "not private " club or CULT of the "chordians"
We are proud to be CHORDIANS, and we love all new members. I think this has to be one of the fastest growing sites on the web.
MORE: there must be someone sending us anthrax before we "react".
Purpose: exchanging ideas (I am a big topic poster) how silly they can sound.
Roger (GUPPY) and James (McCormack) are our tribal chiefs.
PURPOSE: exchanging knowledge, chatting about interesting things, or joking, or just telling how you feel. I think the average age must be between 35-50, some are 51 like me, and playing guitar, having time. There are members 14 years old, in fact what we try to accomplish is helping others, and helping ourselves, like: I post a song, what do you think about it, like I am from Belgium, and my English is not my mother tongue, so my lyrics can be full of misspellings, or wrong phrases. We discuss about guitars, songs, bands, a good album new on the market. EVERY THING CONCERNING MUSIC.
And what is your kind of music, are you professional, which instrument?

GUITARDOCPHIL SAIS: WELCOME

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

hi legate and welcome you'll find we're a happy bunch on chordie and help each other with whatever info we need and have a good chuckle at the same time ...have fun...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool