Topic: "Chordie Friends"

It is a while since I posted a song that is entirely my own work and this one has been mulling around my head for some time. I finally got it together so here it is. If I have pronounced your name wrong or omitted anyone please accept my apologies in advance.

It is on FoC at: http://www.myspace.com/friendsofchordie

Roger

Chordie Friendsby Roger Guppy

Intro:

[Dm][Am][B][E]

Verse 1:

I [Am]found a place where [E]I could learn

Words and [Am]chords to any [E]song,

[Dm]Thousands of them [Am]listed there,

[B]All at Chordie dot [E]com.

Verse 2:

I could [Am]even have a [E]songbook there,

To keep [Am]those I wished to [E]see,

And [Dm]just with one [Am]button push,

I could [B]transpose to my [E]key.

Verse 3:

One [Am]day, with trepi[E]dation,

I [Am]wrote to the fo[E]rum,

Since [Dm]then I've been there [Am]every day,

It's [B]almost an addic[E]tion.

Verse 4:

Now [Am]I have made a [E]lot of friends

From [Am]all around the [E]globe,

And [Dm]here are just a [Am]few of them,

That [B]I have come to [E]know. [E7]

Chorus:

There's [A]James and Jeff and [D]UpYerKilt Ken,

And [A]Per the mighty [E]Admin,

[D]Bootlegger, SouthPaw and [A]Gitaardocphil,

And [B]that is just to [E]begin.[E7]

Awkward [A]Stummer, Zurf, Bud_Wiser, [D]Don Corleone,

Scrimmy, [A]Altex, Badeye, Krisha[E]nu,

MHebert, [D]Jason Hague, Kahuna, Daddy[A]Cool,

Cytania, [B]Moddish but to name a [E]few.[E7]

There is [A]Old Doll, Saba, [D]Boxer and Kath,

ClareAustin, [A]Kori, Last Re[E]bel,

[D]Rhiannon, Nadine, [A]S2Emma,

Virginia, [B]Geraldine, Laura as [E]well.[E7]

Arkady, [A]Spamminator, Weedjie, [D]Riddler,

Rooster, [A]Tunedeaf, Alvee, Acme[E]Corp,

[D]John Cross, KramL, Jerome, [A]PatrickJacques,

And a [B]hundred thousand [E]more.

Instumental: (to refix the dentures and get one's breath back)

[Am][E][Am][E]

[Dm][Am][B][E]

Verse 5:

I [Am]know I'll never meet these [E]folk,

Who will [Am]alway lend a [E]hand,

If [Dm]we could get toge[Am]ther,

We'd [B]have the world's biggest [E]band.

Verse 6:

So [Am]thank you all my [E]Chordie friends,

For [Am]being, well just [E]you,

[Dm]This humble [Am]offering,

Is [B]dedicated to [E7]all of [Am]you.[A]

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: "Chordie Friends"

Thats Beautiful. Well done Roger.Well done.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Wow man, that's really good.
How long did it take you? Just that short time when you sat down and decided to finally do it?

[url=http://www.vizter.com]www.vizter.com[/url] - another great (martial art) forum

Bom Diá Roger Guppy,

Coma vei?............ Well done! to you. So your not always only catching the rays!..
Now will you send it to me please, as i cannot hear the whole song,still
having problems here! Dont know why im paying this company 102 euro a month.? Must get my money to easy!

Thanks Roger.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Roger,
I feel priviledged to be mentioned in such a fine song. Very nice chord progression and your lyric cadence is right on the mark. We do have a great bunch of people here on Chordie. Great idea on your part putting to music our saga of musical electronic friendships. Look foward to hearing more of your music.

Have a Great Day,
SouthPaw41L(Toney)

Give everything but up.

Hi guys thank you for your very kind comments, but if it were not for all of you the song would not, and could not, be.

Huoyuanjia there is about 6 hours work in that song. I had the first two lines of the chorus in my head and then had to research to find the active Chordie Members who had more than 150 postings but found I needed to find a few more ladies. I tried to include as many songwriters as I could and I also had to include special friends like my pretend granddaughter, Rhiannon (Hinder_Rox07), also Krishanu from Calcutta. This gave me 45 names to work with. After writing the lyrics and chords and deciding on the melody I had to revise the song so I did not get too tongue tied reeling off the names.

I then wrote a backing track and laid three guitar tracks over it. The longest in time being the small instrumental part as that is not my forte (it is in fact picking string whist playing the chords). Then finally laying down the vocal track and if you have tried singing all those names you will know that it is none too easy so I had about 6 attempts at that.

So all in all about 4 hours to write it and 2 to record it.

Roger

Roger,
at times likes this I wish I was allowed to swear online here, lol just to express how good a f*****ng sing that is.

Superb mate!!!

But your lyrics could be wrong there!
Because if yer ever in Scotland around my part or England around someone esle part or Ireland or certain parts of America, I am sure there are lots that will go out there way to meet ye, I know i would as I would wit hlots of Chordie friends.

Your song really sums up this community a lot I think.

well done again

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

8 (edited by arkady 2007-09-20 18:29:47)

Hi Roger
Been away for a bit.
Nice to see the songwriting  forum full of great numbers.
Great use of lyrics on this one a real smiler nice to play.
Well done.

Regards
Ark
PS. just had a listen nice work Roger

9 (edited by hinder_rox07 2007-09-21 09:18:28)

roger this brings a tear to my eye to think of me as one of your dear friends!! i thought i was just a pretend grandaughter!! lol i am gobsmacked!! one of your best peices so far!

love from your pretend grandaughter and dear friend rhiannon xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Follow your heart
It usually makes the right decisions <3

Speachless.

Brilliant.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Thanks Ken,

Praise from yourself and Toney (SouthPaw) who are regular performers means an awful lot.

Thank you Ark, glad you are back with us again and I am pleased that you liked this little number.

Pretend granddaughter Rhiannon I am glad you like it too. We have not had a song on the Forum from you lately but I hope you are still writing.

Roger

well roger this is certainly a huge tribute to everyone on chordie
thanks for including my humble self and congratulations on a superb song...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hey Roger,
So nice to get back to Chordie and see this song of yours.  Excellent.  I will play this with pride!  Never in my dreams did I think I would ever be mentioned in a song.......this will go straight to my number one playlist!!!  WELL DONE.

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

Thank you Alvee, DaddyCool and Don Corleone,

It is funny how you can feel that you know, and feel close to, people that you have never met but have read what they are thinking on the Forum and in e-mails. Mind you we do all share the same interest and passion so I suppose that helps.

Don,  just a tip, for you and any one else who sings it. Before you do just make sure that dentures (if you have them) are well stuck in before you sing the chorus lol

Roger

Roger Guppy!

YOUR PEARLIES IN A GLASS BESIDE YOUR BED? Is this before or after you chew

the corn for gummy budgies?

God you kept that one quiet!!

Only joking, Bring on the next song Mó Cára.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hey Roger,
No worries about my teeth - still have them.  Only ones I have lost were in my younger days when I thought I knew everything!  It's the lungs that needed help.  Too much smoking over too many years ;-)
Love this song.

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

Roger, this is a delightful song - just like you, I got hooked on the chordie forum one day and it is now an important part of my day.  Had been using the site for a while to find songs until one day I happened to see something on the forum that sparked my interest.

It is sites like this that make the internet a valuable resource for information and making connections.  Love the recording - someday I hope I'll get good enough and patient with the gear to make polished recordings such as your productions.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Thank you James,

I have to say here and now that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your recordings they are a delight. We all have different levels of skills with out chosen instrument and voice, and different levels of equipment to use to record so no one is expecting a professional performance. However having the recording gives the melody, tempo and feel of the song and, in my opinion, one is then better able to pass comment.

For my money anyone who has the bottle to grab a microphone and play and sing into it deserves a medal. You can suffer from stage fright with just a microphone in front of you and no audience so well done to anyone who has a go.

Don Corleone, speaking as one who had his last cigarette on Saturday, you really should give up.

Roger

Roger Guppy wrote:

For my money anyone who has the bottle to grab a microphone and play and sing into it deserves a medal. You can suffer from stage fright with just a microphone in front of you and no audience so well done to anyone who has a go.

the exact reason why I will cheer on and clap anyone that gets up and sings at karaeoke when sober and especially if I think they are awful, they get a bigger clap for doing it.

and to a certain expent same as anyone that posts songs of their own on here.
I know that some people have written songs but will not share them in case they seem rubbish or too lovey dovey.

All attempts at singing or songwriting is good. Some songs in this section I have thought have not been that good ( not saying what ones, I am not mean) but I have tried a lot out, and some that I thought looked not very good turned out to be very good wee songs. and ones that looked good, I just couldnt do them. So everything is worth a bash.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I LOVE THIS SONG......especially thw part of the world biggest band...it would really be awesome if all of us get to meet each other....
love you all
saba

love is like a violin, the music may stop now and then but the strings remain forever...

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Guitar chord forum - chordie → Songwriting → "Chordie Friends"