Topic: candles

this one really sounds more like a poem than anything, but i think it could make a cool rokcish type song too. I guess in some ways you could call this a christian song, but i hope it doesnt come off quite as cliche and cheesy as a lot of modern christian music. I was really just writing a song and i guess when you believe in something it surfaces in your writing from time to time....

VERSE 1

the prince of liars makes his throne
on stolen innocence
and hearts that run so blindly
to hollow sacraments

darkness dwells in empty hearts
where it finds a hiding place
and the lion feeds on children
because they tire soon from the chase

CHORUS
candles burning in the dark
make sure the light is seen
in this land of broken hearts
we're few and far between

VERSE 2

there are souls who stand outside and watch
won't someone let them in
or is it they're not good enough?
weren't you once one of them

ignorance is winked at
but pride becomes a fall
how will they see our faces
if we build the walls so tall?

So anyhoo, comments/suggestions?? Any ideas on the melody would be appreciated too

All You Need is Love smile

Re: candles

Last Rebel.
this piece just so reminds me of Gordon Lightfoot.. I could actually hear his voice running through it as i read it...
Deep and  intense piece.

Well done! You clever person...

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Old Doll wrote:

Last Rebel.
this piece just so reminds me of Gordon Lightfoot.. I could actually hear his voice running through it as i read it...
Deep and  intense piece.

Well done! You clever person...

Old Doll.

one caper after another

Hi last_rebel - I really like the vivid imagery.  Try putting it a minor key because I think it would be quite suitable for a brooding-dark setting - that is my suggestion for what it is worth.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

James, I was kind of leaning that way myself. I trust your opinions so I'm going to work toward that end because dark was the feeling i was getting too. Maybe a few switches from major t o minor or sevenths to minors.....thanks all for the compliments

hi last rebel i thought it came over like something out of the middle ages with princes and lions ,anyway it'll come over better when its chorded...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

prince of liars= satan

lion- also symbolic in the Bible and other religious writings of the devil, or demons....

i guess i should have elaborated more