Topic: How do I enter a song onto this website?

I see the link to fix a song that's already there, but how do I start a new one?

Re: How do I enter a song onto this website?

Hi

Welcome to Chordie. Unfortunately Chordie does not host any songs, apart from the original ones by members in the Songwriting section. It is a search engine and it collects the songs from the Internet. Pease look in the Resorourses section for more information.

Ken

( Roger, yep you do recognise this,lol, I copied and pasted it from one of your replies. Looks like a frequently asked question and this reply is short and sweet and helpful)

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Huh? I don't get it.  What is the songwriting section, and who are the members and how did they get to be members? I have taken so much from Chordie, and now I'm trying to be nice and give something back and post a very difficult song that nobody has done, and I'm not allowed?

Hi Mountaingirl,

Welcome to you as a new Chordie Member. By the very fact that you have signed in to Chordie you are a Member of Chordie. It is as simple as that.

The Songwriting section is for Chordie Members to show their own compositions of original music and lyrics for fellow Members play and comment on.

Previously published music and lyrics by non-members is covered by copyright laws and Chordie could be closed down for hosting them so Chordie searches for what is already on the Internet, sorts them by Artist and alphabetically so you can quickly find songs that you are looking for.

So you can write an original piece and show it in the Songwriting section but I am afraid you cannot work out the tabs, chords and lyrics to someone else's work and put that on Chordie.

I hope that explains it better for you. Please post again if you need any clarification.

Take care,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Ok, thanks. So do you mean if I found a way to enter a song on another site, it would show up on chordie and then also be transposable?

Hi Mountaingirl,

The short answer is yes although it may take a while to appear if just left. When you have the song posted elswere note the URL, open 'Resources' at the top of the page, then open 'Add song to the index', type in the URL and Amin will see that it gets put in the Index promptly.

Incidently the song must be in chopro format to be accepted and you can see how that is done in the 'Sticky' at the start of the Songwriting section.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

thanks!

Making My Songbook
I am new and want to create my songbook. I have a collection of popular songs that I have worked out the chords to and want to post them in my songbook. How do I do it?

Hi Jim Schwalbe & welcome to chordie's forum!

Chordie songbooks are simply a user's collection of songs selected from the vast index available tunes.  Once you select songs for your songbook, you can edit and customize the content of those files to suit your needs.

It is great that you have worked out several songs - however, the only way to get them into your chordie songbook is to post them to a website that is included in chordie's search parameters. 

You see, chordie does not 'host' any material - it merely finds, formats and presents material found elsewhere on the internet.  Please look at the 'Resources' page for more information on how to get a site included within chordie's web search.

I know this wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but I hope it is helpful.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]