1 (edited by arkady 2007-10-20 17:19:48)

Topic: The Song I really would like to be able to play BUT......

Hi
Another song question.
There are some songs that even with all the practice in the world just seem to defeat you....
For me it's Masons Williams Classical Gas....high up the fret and it all goes to pieces lol
any other canditdates ?

Ark

Re: The Song I really would like to be able to play BUT......

I tihnk the song I would like to do but fail at all the time is an easy one

Mr Tamborine man... I just cannot get this and I know it is easy

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

arkady wrote:

Hi
Another song question.
There are some songs that even with all the practice in the world just seem to defeat you....
For me it's Masons Williams Classical Gas....high up the fret and it all goes to pieces lol
any other canditdates ?

Ark

I'm only asking this because I don't know how you are playing it, but is it possible for you to play the notes on a higher string? And are you playing an acoustic or classical? Cutaway or Non-Cutaway?

My suggestion for one of those songs you can never play is "All my best friends are Metalheads" by Less Than Jake. I just can't play the intro.

Pride and Joy.

For some reason I just can't do it.

(great topic, by the way, arkady - one that everyone, no matter what level can chime in on)

I would like to know where I can find the song with the lyrics & chords of " Lovesick Blues" done by Charlie Pride ... I love the way he starts the song with the yodelling ... I know it was first done by Hank williams Sr .. but I like the way Charlie does it ..... I play with a group of guys & we would like to do this song the way Charlie does it

Pretty much anything by anybody.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm with Zurf; any lead part to any song ever.  Always thought it would be cool to play the intro to Crazy on You by Heart...never even tried.  I'd like to play the riff to Pretty Woman...might be able to do that one if I practiced.

Anything by the late  Michael Hedges. Michael used many alternate open tunings along with 2 hand tapping with tons of artificial and natural harmonics. If  I didn't see him live I would've sworn he was overdubbing. He sounded like 3 people playing on certain songs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hedges

Give everything but up.

apache ,i just love the sound.maybe someday...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Eruption...No way on gods green earth will I ever be able to play it, just don't have the co-ordination!

Also pretty much anything that involves two-handed tapping for the above reason.

11 (edited by etc_04 2007-10-31 17:48:47)

Little Wing by Hendrix. One of these days

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Angie by Davey Graham and 7 Black Roses by John Martyn. It may take a few casks of coffee but I will survive

I was here just a minute ago!

Way too many songs I'd love to play for me to narrow it down to one. However, the sound I would absolutely love to be able to produce has to be Eric Claptons from his Cream days.

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.