Topic: Staring Down Seventeen- My birthday song to me

So yesterday was my birthday, (which was very nice by the way, had a great american cookie and a friend of mine stopped by to say he was going to jump out of a cake, but he thought maybe a hug was more apporopraiate. AND I got a new Zen mp3 player, so you can mark this down in your journals: Last Rebel actually got an up to date piece of technology)
ANYWAY, the point in me telling you all this is that the days leading up to my birthday found me in a very insightful and reflective mood, so I wrote a song for myself, for my birthday. And so I thought I'd share it, because giving a song to yourself for your own birthday isn't nearly as much fun unless somebody else can read it too. smile
   I'm afraid there's no chords yet though....

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

All You Need is Love smile

Re: Staring Down Seventeen- My birthday song to me

Lastrebel!

I cannot believe such a sad song at seventeen. ah I just want to hug you!

The world was my oyster at that age.

Janis Ian sings one of my favourites songs about her time at seventeen years.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=efHOIT1ROk8

Belated Happy Birthday Darling.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi last rebel happy birthday for yestersday you should have popped over to jameses you could of had cookies and tea eh .anyway you've only got another 12mths to go and you can have something a bit stronger than tea [{coffee }ha ha ,just trying to cheer you up ...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Haha, well its usually a coke on ice for me when I need a break. See I guess I'm coming across as a depressed person now, which isn't neccesarily true. Being someone who never wears emotions on her sleeves, its the music that recieves the brunt of my frustrations and depressions. So whatever is bothering me ends up (usually) in a song, which is why it is so sad. The happy stuff doesn't need to be written about because its nice in itself (and usually ends up sounding corny and stale anyway). Yes Ive been through a lot in my short time, but it wasn't all bad, Ive laughed a lot more than Ive cried (which is a lot), Ive got some true friends and a place to call home.
  So no need for cheering me up, I won't feel bad about the bad stuff till I'm late and can't sleep again, and then there'll be another song big_smile
  So thanks for all the compliments yall, and the happy birthday's it was a blast,
                 Last Rebel

All You Need is Love smile

I'm impressed Reb. Nicely done!!!@! I hope Jason reads this encouragement. Yeah, I agree it IS better to give than recieve, Thank you....marcalan

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Those are some powerful lyrics.  Happy Birthday to you and many more of them.

Be Happy,

Bonedaddy

I'm the son of rage and love

for a 17 year old burd ( young women)
those lyrics are  superb!!
makes out like you have had a really hard time. Whether you have or not is not the point though. A fantasticlly written set of lyrics that I want to see chords with , then i want to hear it, then I want to see the video lol
rebel, I hope ye had a great birthday and I really hope to hear this if possible.

So 17????? life just begining???? hmmmm, I cannot remember much when i was 17 or 16 or 18 or 19. I remember bits,lol and it is not thru old age ( since I am still really young) nor was it the alcohol or drug abuse ( although that was good)
But I do remember I had a hard time now and again but not as bad as others. When I was your age I do remember thinking I had lived a life already ( I should write some songs about somethings) So, I can relate quite a bit to your song, I love it

thanks for sharing your song and thoughts.

All the best for the next year.

Ken
xxx

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

8 (edited by Zurf 2007-11-27 01:25:11)

Last Rebel, I am just so impressed with your songwriting.  I've sent a couple of your songs (with due credit to you of course) to some friends who enjoy seeing good lyrics.  I'm hoping that the next time I get together to jamm with these buds that we'll be able to work out an arrangement.  Though I expect my 52 year old buddy with the bass voice that sounds like it starts at his ankles and just sort of rumbles up from there brings a different tonality to it than you, we both remain very impressed. 

It's a blessing to me that you're willing to share your gift.  Keep up the good work. 

And you're right about happy lyrics*.  Somehow they wind up sounding sappy.  But add in a banjo and a mandolin and you can make any lyrics sound uplifting! 

- Zurf

*Excepting lyrics about hats of course.  Those are always appreciated.    :~)

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude