Topic: Song for a talent quest

I've got to do a song at a not very serious talent quest. In fact it will be a big joke so I just want to do something funny, but I can't think of a song to do.

I thought of doing Tammy Wynette's "Stand by your man", (I'm a fella), but my voice is not very strong these days.

Can anyone think of anything well known and kinky, funny or ridiculous. ?

Re: Song for a talent quest

Well of course! What else other than Right Said Freds' "I'm Too Sexy" ? This has to be one of the funniest tunes ever created..............

"I'm too sexy for my shirt, When I do my little turn down the catwalk, down the catwalk..............."

Pure genius!

Give everything but up.

Hi Chookrunner,

Before i post this link,  i was only sent this link  today. Per, Admin, I apologise
in advance.  Well he did ask for something ,Kinky/ funny/ or  ridiculous?

This song  has all 3 i feel! and makes me glad im a woman! with a smooth

rear..

Old Doll.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=4eZ_99XtSE0

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Now Doll,

I do not know what your wee Scottish bairn will make of that song but I thought it was hilarious lol

And Chookrunner the words are included if you want them too.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

You could go for something seasonal like... walking round in womens' underwear by bob rivers from his twisted christmas album, that's good for a laugh

I'm the son of rage and love

Old Doll wrote:

Hi Chookrunner,

Before i post this link,  i was only sent this link  today. Per, Admin, I apologise
in advance.  Well he did ask for something ,Kinky/ funny/ or  ridiculous?

This song  has all 3 i feel! and makes me glad im a woman! with a smooth

rear..

Old Doll.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=4eZ_99XtSE0

OK! This has got to be one the funniest songs my old droopy ears have ever heard. I spat my soft drink all over the screen of me computer!!! My wife thinks I've got serious mental problems. She's probably right, huh-what-did-he-jiss-say???? I'm goofy from laughter...........

Give everything but up.

chookrunner,
depends on the crowd.
is it familiy oriented, church organized, public forum,etc.?
second are you hoping for a prize (money, trophy, etc.)?
how long do you have to get ready?

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

That's just fantastic, Old Doll. I think I could do that.

Eagle eye, it's a veterans athletics club christmas party and it is very much a joke. No serious competition, people from 30 to 90, some restrictions on language ( my mum will be there) but "hairy ass" is OK. (especially for me who has copped flak for having no hair on my chest all my adult life, and now find I'm amongst guys who shave their legs !!)

Thanks guys

PS ain't the internet just the best thing for musos.

I have got a lot of laughs from a johnny cash song, Dirty old egg sucking dog.Its here at chordie. Hope that helps  dino48

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

11 (edited by Old Doll 2007-11-28 09:15:45)

Hi again Chookrunner,

As its a veterans, and we dont want you upsetting your Ma!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=iufE9ReDbuY

Heres another Gem, we sing here! This one is easy to dress up to sing.

Just giving you the choice. This one never fails to raise a laugh.

Gosh! We have so much finess on this isle as regards music, the mind boggles lol

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

chookrunner,
just for kicks, start out with old theme songs. Things that most people will know.
It doesn't really matter how good it sounds, if you're having a blast they will too.
Try this look about the audience, walk over to a person here and there and ask them if they can remember this song. Then start playing they theme song to Scooby Doo or the monkeys or something. Then introduce a friend or relative in the audience and embarrass them, with fun of course.
If you can keep it fun without doing anything that would cause bad feelings then you could play a song from a specific war. Be tasteful though.
Be creative and make it rememerable. Most of all have fun.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

'"You Can't Roller Skate In A Buffalo Herd"-- Roger Miller

one caper after another