1 (edited by khazm 2007-11-28 03:09:57)

Topic: is this stock?

does fender route out a room for a humbucker in the neck position on the standard/mexican tele's (the cheap ones?) I just pulled the pickguard off mine and found that little surprise. not a bad one, though. i was planning on putting a seymour duncan invader there, anyway.

Re: is this stock?

Some of the Fenders have the "swimming pool" routing that allows for different configerations of pickups. 3 single coils, 2 humbuckers, or a combination of singles and humbuckers!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I'm sorry...that probably didn't really answer your question. If you log onto the Fender website and follow the links...you can have them check your serial number and tell you what the original configeration was...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Yes this would be normal. A machine does all the work so they just make one type and just add or subtract depending on the model.

I am not sure if you can evaluate your fenders out of mecico

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Telephone: (480) 596-7195
Fax: (480) 367-5262
E-mail: consumerrelations@fender.com       These are customer service numbers from Fender... I bet a call or email can get you a qualified answer...be sure to have your serial number for them to look up...

Hope that helps...please lets us know what happens...