1 (edited by last_rebel 2007-12-03 20:56:27)

Topic: The Gospel Boogie- a song for doc phil

A while back doc was askin' about american church traditions, which led to a conversation in which he made the remark "And those Gospel Songs, it is strange, for us, in Europe, because we don't have this phenomenon. A swinging and rocking priest, who sings (?)" I thought that was funny so (as I think I said I would) wrote a song about it.
  Its kind of a tribute to my dad who plays piano like nobody i've ever heard, I mean he can tear the thing up. And he plays this song (i think its kind of an improvised 'goodbye world goodbye') that he calls 'the gospel boogie woogie', which is exactly what it is lol It sounds like rock and roll blues and honky tonk, but its about Jesus and ive seen people get all worked up. So anyway, doc this one's for you big_smile,
                                                LR

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

All You Need is Love smile

Re: The Gospel Boogie- a song for doc phil

Bravo!

I'm the son of rage and love

Very well done girl,

I was a rockin ana boppin! and clappin my hands!

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Great tune, love that boogie beat.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Now I want to hear it!

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

very nice it actually reminded me of that song bye june cater "jukebox blues" quite a bit