Topic: pickup covers...do i need one?

hey guys, i just got a new pickup for my american strat, and it has a white cover, while all of my other pickups are black, so i was wondering if i could just install it without a pickup cover.  thanks for the help.

Re: pickup covers...do i need one?

i would proceed with caution,unprotected by not having a cover might invite humidity or spilling a beverage on the copper coil,you could spray paint the cover with a flat black or gloss depending on the finish of the other two just take it off put it on some newspaper and spray it and allow it to dry who knows it might work out ok good luck

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hey, your guitar is now unique, other players will even the 'been around the block a few times' vibe. All part of the battlescars process!

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Also most music stores sell pickup covers...everything from pink to flat black...I wouldn't use it  without...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

jaygordon75 wrote:

Also most music stores sell pickup covers...everything from pink to flat black...I wouldn't use it  without...

As jaygordon75 said just buy a set of pick up covers they will cost you about $10.00 american. (you don't need one but your guitar will look better with a set of matching pickup covers).

Bootlegger