Topic: VENICE

VENICEgitaardocphil

Verse

[Gm]you can see [D] a lot of things there, hard to [F] find in your [C] hometown

[Eb]this is a happy town [D] a pearl [Eb] one unique gem[D] so bright

[Gm] you are free [D] as a bird [F]you can do [C]what you want

[Eb] so close [D] and yet so far [Eb] is Venice waiting [D] there for you

[Gm]you can walk across [D] the canals your hair dancing [F] in the [C] wind

[Eb]you can use old bridges [D] see glorious [Eb] music painted [D]houses

[Gm]by masters from [D]the past [F] a living post [C]card

[Eb]imagine this [D]golden years [Eb] and see these priceless [D] town

Refrain

[Bb]because in Venice town [F] I lost my [Gm] beating heart [D] to you

[Bb] that’s why I [F] write this song [Gm] to keep you in my [D] heart

REPEAT REFRAIN

[Gm] I was there with [D] you breathing [F] romantic [C] air

[Eb]we walked through the [D] parks green [Eb] grass I never [D] saw

[Gm]we took a gondola [D] a singing [F] gondolier [C]

[Eb]singing real old songs [D] a velvet [Eb] voice so [D] sweet

Refrain

[Eb] because in Venice town [F] I lost my [Gm] beating heart [D] to you

[Eb] that’s why I [F] write this song [Gm] to hold you in my [D] heart

REPEAT REFRAIN

There are 2 extra strophes, but this should work

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: VENICE

Hi Lieven this is better than goodbye!  Lyrics are great - "hair dancing in the wind" is lovely!

Eb to D change is sublime

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

BONE, thanks. This song is in fact an interpretation based on another song. PROBLEM: I always tell to use more simple chords, result: again "not so easy chords" and also the first TWO lines, are calm, but the next to a little bit different, same chords but MORE PASSION.
I am hoping to use asap my little recording device (BOSS BR 600). It worked, using 4 canals and a virtual, I played some "bluesy" riffs, starting in A, D, E. Next some bending strings based on E and finally some stuff in G and B. If you would here this together it's a real cacophonie, but that machine, pushing some  and sliding other stuff, I really don't know how, but this CACOPHONIE, was even pretty good, something with arrangements and virtual tracks, compressing it all into one entity. There was an English manual, but I found the Dutch translation. It took me 2 hours, and I am really impatient if I have to read manuals. I need to find how to add rhythm patterns. If it works, I will try to post it on myspace, just instrumental, 60 seconds.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Great Song Docs,

I had a very memorable trip myself this year on a gondola. Venice is a beautiful old city,
but also a wee bit whiffy!

Romantic ? Yes! when your with the right person.

Well done

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

DOLL, you really should hear it. I used my boss br 600, and maybe I can play the melody, and put it on myspace. (THIS IS THE REASON WHY I BOUGHT THIS BOSS).
Broke my finger, and my lower back is even worse. I can't walk, can't play, and I am still confused

Guitardocphil,

You are all that you say im sure of this! but we  here on Chordie, all hear you loud and clear.

Have a painfree happy day.

Love from the Emerald.:lol:

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Lieven
Like daddy says,
this is better than saying goodbye

I love the lyrics, especially the words " I lost my beating heart to you"
such a simple few word with such meaning.

Good stuff

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Well KEN, your my men, like Doll and Bone wrote, it pleases me. As told I'm a fast learner, so (since I'm out for a while = can't play, left wrist and finger, left) I wanted to write in WORD some word-combinations, to use in Lyrics. AND YOU GUYS: I am glad with your opinions and comments. Even if you should tell me to use Dm in stead of D7 I would start to use this chord and hear how it sounds.
I'm even convinced that creating a "bank" to put phrases, I hear, see so much phrases, every day, and this would be a nice collection of words. Sometimes in bed, I'm busy with lyrics, I even had a dream, where I had to write lyrics, found some but I was in school, almost naked, patients were calling, and I was still studying.
In fact that phrase can be used. Who doesn't have dreams, about studying, dream-faces from friends, I can jump very high, fly and having car accidents, or worse, driving on a road , surrounded by water. It even exists, if you drive from Miami to the keys. SCARY. I know a few people in Belgium who were afraid while driving on that road.

I drove that road (US1) from Miami to Key West last summer - Top down in a Mustang!  Actually drove from Orlando quite a journey.  What a memory!  Thanks for reminding me - must dig out the photos cool

I'm the son of rage and love

Hi Lieven,

Sorry to hear about you broken finger I hope that it soon mends and you can start playing again.

Venice is one of my favourite cities and you song has brough back some wonderful memories. Great lyrics and chord progression. Thank you and well done,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"