Topic: ISN'T IT STRANGE

Since years, I ask myself the question WHO IS MICHAEL JACKSON versus JANET JACKSON.
Are they 1 entity?
IS MICHAEL = JANET JACKSON?
Same "ironed" face, same teeth, same nose, I guess: JANET = MICHAEL.

Being so modified THANKS to plastic surgery, and being a MD, IT IS REALLY A CRIME. The plastic surgeon responsible for the results should be thrown in jail. I am sure that this is a criminal act, just performed by plastic surgeons without a feeling, except for their wallet, it is a real THRILLER

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: ISN'T IT STRANGE

Doc,

Don't the people who request the surgeries bear some responsiblities for their actions?

Can we place the entire blame on the tailor because the emperor refuses to see he is naked?

Just play

what eve's i hate them both so it really doesn't matter to me

you can love me
you can hate me
but NEVER forget me

I agree oldnewbie, despite the fact that I agree = IS IT NORMAL THAT PLASTIC SURGEONS still perform surgery on people like Michael Jackson? They ask surgery and if you get paid a fortune, you will "cut and remove" because if you don't they go to another. Some personal issues: a patient entering my office, asking can you prescribe this or that product. Belgium is probably consuming more tranquillizers than most other countries.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Doc, 

It's easy to tell the difference between Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson.  Janet is more masculine.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Absolutely true, Zurf.

And, Doc, I still don't blame the surgeon. Especially, I think, in the US the doctors think someone will take the money, why not me?

Just play

Plastic surgery for the sake of vanity has to be one of the most decadent indulgences of the modern Effluent society. And those who make money from it are no more than medical prostitutes. They should take up guitar playing and sing badly, and get over themselves. If you're ugly and can make music you'll be happy!

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

ok i see you said about the michael =janet, but i agree with zurf, Janet is more masucline........however try comparing LaToya and Michael Jackson....they are more alike.....

Shame though eh, that people wopuld wanna do that to themselves thinking they are gonna look great and they end up looking like....well ...... like they do!!!!!

Life isnt about FINDING yourself.....Its all about CREATING yourself!!!!

Doc,
It's all greed.
The thought is; If I don't, then someone else will, and I want the money.
Forget if it is morally right. It's all about lining your own pockets.
Personally I feel that my Heavenly account is more important than my earthly one.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

gitaardocphil wrote:

I agree oldnewbie, despite the fact that I agree = IS IT NORMAL THAT PLASTIC SURGEONS still perform surgery on people like Michael Jackson...

Normal...

Not sure how to define "normal", doc.

We all judge the world from our own perspective, because it is impossible to do otherwise. If by "normal" you mean popular or within the majority of the rest of the world, then I guess the answer is no, it is not "normal". On that note, playing the guitar, practicing Christianity, and living in America can all be considered as abnormal.

I think the question is not whether it is "normal" but whether it is acceptable, then the terms of what is acceptable must be defined.

Who should do that?

And what measures should be used?

I think it is perfectly okay to say "I don't like that, and I'm not going to do it" but when we say "I don't like that, and I don't want you to do it" we become dangerous.

It is fun to watch the idiots of the world deface themselves, though, and wonder why they can't just be left alone.

Just play

I think the whole thing with MJ is that he appears to be trying to escape his past by making himself into someone entirely different. It just further highlights the differences in how the world treats rich people v's "normal" people.

If any one of us behaved even half as erratically as MJ did in the past 20 years we'd have been sectioned for our own protection. However, when you have millions of dollars in the bank you get called "Eccentric" and people pander to your crazy requests.

The double standards in society between everyday people and "Celebrities" is particularly sickening at the moment. The government are finding more and more ways to prosecute citizens (motorists in particular here in the UK) and yet every day we see the likes of Kate Moss, Pete Doherty, Amy Winehouse, Britney Spears et al in the papers involved with drugs, violence and God knows what else and yet sweet little is done about it. To use a good Scottish saying, that rips my knitting!!

Anyway, to get back to the point, Jackson has been allowed to disfigure himself beyond all reasonable levels by a society driven by greed and one which seemingly places celebrities beyond reproach. The guy needed help years ago and yet because he was making money and had money he was allowed to continue. Look at the state of him now........he needs to face up to his own part in it all of course, but the doctors who continued to operate on him should be utterly disgusted at themselves. I suspect they're too busy counting their cash to give a toss though.

Wheeew, that was an unexpected rant. My apologies.

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Points well made, bud.

The other side of that coin is that there are folks who live in relative obscurity who have abnormal amounts of plastic surgery performed but we don't know them.

My point is that while the Paris Hiltons of the world may not get the same treatment when they break the law, they also get far worse treatment when they behave "eccentricly".

If I were a plastic surgeon, I don't know if I would be able to tell Michael Jackson "no" if I knew it would cost me millions. It would be tough to do (for me, at least).

Just play