1 (edited by daddycool 2008-02-24 15:08:39)

Topic: "the old steam engines"

Chordpro error: The song does not contain chords. Please include at least two chords in brackets within the text, like this: [C7].

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Re: "the old steam engines"

ah! memories of my younger days...

you know how to evoke them Daddy, I took both my grandsons to see the Thomas the Tank show in Carmarthen, a couple of years ago. they loved it (so did their grampa) this song does it for me.

keep on keeping on

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

hi phil i saw it at darley dale station three yrs ago and i went to skegness on a steam train and got a black face with sticking my head out the window,thanks for your comments...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

4 (edited by NoelDowns 2008-02-25 04:52:41)

Nice work smile

Not sure of the melody you had in mind.. (I can't envisage it from a chord patten.. I'm not much of a giutar player) but it skips along nicely to an old Australian folk melody...

just need to check some of the there's ... between there is and there are....

Cheers

Hi again, daddycool -

I have a great fondness for old locomotives.  I visited the big museum in York, England way back in '82 and was fascinated to see so many different contraptions all in working order.  Although they are mechanically inefficient, they are magnificent machines that bring out the kid in everyone.

There is a fellow in out area who has an outdoor model railroad with a little working steam engine.  The tracks snake all around his property and he has built bridges and depots and other stuff to complete the layout.  The engine has remote controls, but the moving power actually comes from a steam boiler fired with kerosine.  Very cool hobby.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

hi noel and welcome to chordie ,i've been playing for 30yrs,but i'm not a profesional,i don't do gigs just play for pleasure ,and it doese'nt matter if you can't pick up the original rhythm as long as you can play, it helps you improve your own style  and i have developed my own technique and that keeps me playing almost any song with basic chords....stay cool

hi james i'm not a train spotter but they are nice to see when they are around...stay cool

Can remember those steamtrains just before electrication of our mainline.
Being a young child at the time I found them rather frightening with all the steam smoke and sparks flying around. Memories again daddycool
Thank you
Ark

hi arkady memories are what we seem to hold onto as we get older mostly nice ones....stay cool

Pardon me Boys!

Is this the "Chattanooga Choo Choo?.

Ah, its our very own Daddy Cool Choo Choo. lol

Old Doll.

Ps, NoelDowns, Im not familiar with your name here. But Fáilte go Chordie.

What instrument do you play Sir? Also do you write songs?

Just being Nosey

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

11 (edited by daddycool 2008-02-25 23:21:57)

hi helena i like the bit where they are rumbling down the track it rolls off the tongue into a song...stay cool

'noel is a new member to chordie'